Local law about space distribution

Isabella9
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Local law about space distribution

Dear Community, 

I'm having a San Francisco conundrum.   Local law allows for renting rooms in a shared space for the whole year, and an entire unit for 90 days/year.  My space is somehow in between those 2 : I have a small studio at the entrance, in which I live, then a separate unit ( 3 bedrooms)  further down the hall, that I would like to airbnb.  Can I rent the whole separate unit for the whole year?   

Thanks for your insight........

Warmly,

Isabella

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Isabella9 It probably depends on how the property is registered with the local authority (1 property or 2?) and also how you would list it on Airbnb. It would need to be listed as a suite of rooms within a shared home... 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you have a separate self contained unit then it's an entire unit. I would speak to your local government STR team and ask them if you can apply for an exemption to the 90 day limit. @Isabella9 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Isabella9, I just came across your post and was wondering if you have read the advice from Helen and Mike. Have you had the opportunity to contact the local authorities?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula,

Yes, I ve read them and asked further advice from airbnb assistance.   It's not easy to list this specific case.   It's an entire unit and yet we also live at that address.    Thank you.