Local taxes in Minnesota

Answered!
Gwen485
Level 2
Pukalani, HI

Local taxes in Minnesota

I am a new host with a rental in St. Paul and am really ignorant on collecting and remitting sales tax, so I apologize in advance for asking dumb questions. I do not see a "collect and remit" feature, or a link to "local taxes and laws" in my listing. Does anyone know if this is available for Minnesota, or will I have to pay local taxes myself? Thanks so much! 

Top Answer

Hi @Gwen485 

Welcome!

Taxes collected are dependent on the legal address of the listing. Looks like you are in the St. Paul area? Depends if you are in the City, outside the City, or if specific county and State taxes apply. To find out, go to:

1. Listing Page
  2. Click Policies and Rules
  3. Scroll towards the bottom and you'll see Taxes - click Edit

Airbnb Taxes.png

If Airbnb automatically collects and remits your taxes, you'll see it listed there. I was going to send the Airbnb article on this, but the instructions on where to go on the listing page are incorrect (haven't been updated).

Let us know if this works for you!

View Top Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @Gwen485 

Welcome!

Taxes collected are dependent on the legal address of the listing. Looks like you are in the St. Paul area? Depends if you are in the City, outside the City, or if specific county and State taxes apply. To find out, go to:

1. Listing Page
  2. Click Policies and Rules
  3. Scroll towards the bottom and you'll see Taxes - click Edit

Airbnb Taxes.png

If Airbnb automatically collects and remits your taxes, you'll see it listed there. I was going to send the Airbnb article on this, but the instructions on where to go on the listing page are incorrect (haven't been updated).

Let us know if this works for you!

@Joan2709 Thanks so much! This was great advice on which rabbit hole to look down! Now I can dig a little further. 

I really appreciate your help and quick response!