Long stay

Stephen1360
Level 1
Northampton, United Kingdom

Long stay

Hi I’m Hosting a long stay for the first time , they have booked 49 nights what is the expectation as the host as it’s 49’nights continues- they have not paid or asked for cleaning etc so would appreciate any help 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stephen1360 

Your listings shows a monthly discount of 35% and no cleaning fee is charged.

So you can not charge for cleaning afterwards.

As you offer an entire home, you may expect guest are keeping it clean themself during their stay.

But you need to discuss this with the guests on arrival.Also about the expectations about the laundry of bedlinen, towels etc.

Offcourse cleaning materials must be available in the house to do the job.

You must provide enough bedlinen, towels etc. for the entire stay or re-supply during the stay.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

You can't add on a cleaning fee to the booking after it is made. However, there are different ways to do this.

As I host long term stays, a one-off cleaning fee on the booking is often not appropriate. So, instead, I give my guests the option to either pay for me to clean their rooms periodically (including washing and changing bedlinen, towels etc) for a fee, which I charge them via a request for 'additional services'. This has worked out fine for guests who want the service.

Or, they are given the option to clean themselves, in which case I supply the materials and equipment as well as extra linen and towels. The latter is more likely to be problematic though as many guests say they will clean but don't. Some guests will never even wash the sheets during a long stay meaning they are only fit for the bin. As I'm an on site host, I can keep an eye on things, i.e. I know if they are washing their bedlinen or not, plus I have weekly cleaners come in to do the communal areas. If you are off site, then it's more likely that you will find an almighty mess when the guest checks out.

Stephen1360
Level 1
Northampton, United Kingdom

Thanks , for the reply I have a washing machine and dryer in the property for the user to use so should I just leave them to it for the stay ? In your view - I was thinking that they would not want any outside support