Long term reservation - nonpayment

Rosa344
Level 2
Fredericksburg, VA

Long term reservation - nonpayment

I have a long term reservation going on the second month.  Reservation began on 11/14/19.  Payouts are due on the 15th of each month.  This is the second time guest is late paying.  As a result, I receive an email from Airbnb stating that this reservation wAs going to be cancelled on 1/21 and that I was going to get paid up to that day which was fine with me.  Now it appears that the guest “promised” Airbnb to pay by 1/31 to which Airbnb agreed without even consulting me.  Every time I call Airbnb, the representative just said that he/she is going to update the notes for the collection department to read.  Has anybody have a similar experience?  What guarantees does Airbnb have that this guest is going to pay?  Do they even care that I have a guest staying at my house for free?  This is obviously not sitting well with me.  How can Airbnb take a decision like this without even consulting me?!  It’s my house after all!  How can Airbnb treat their hosts this way?  Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2
Rosa344
Level 2
Fredericksburg, VA

Update:  I called Airbnb twice and both times they hanged up the phone without offering a resolution.  How long is Airbnb going to let this reservation go with no payment?!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can post on their social media including to the owners @Rosa344 

Ask them why they are insisting a guest stay at your place for two weeks without payment and will they underwrite the payment if the guest doesn’t come through. .

However, in your situation I would  be on the phone again and insist the guest pays today  or go’s. What did the guest say when you spoke to them about this directly?