Mexican RFC registration problems.

Simon104
Level 2
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Mexican RFC registration problems.

I have been trying since October 2020 to register my RFC with Airbnb.
We operate a small boutique hotel thru Airbnb, 8 rooms, about 2,000 5 star reviews, a five year history with Airbnb.

We have a Mexican corporation, we have money paid into our Mexican corporate bank account.
I am unable, and have been for over a year been unable to enter our RFC information into our account.

We have been unable to get any support on this matter from either AirBnb in US or in Mexico, other than their usual refering you to articles that neither address the problem or point to a solution.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or found a solution????
Am at my wits end (well who isn't dealing with Airbnb support!)

Anyone got any clues?

17 Replies 17

I don't know if this is what you've tried but I just finally figured out where to enter the RFC number myself so thought I'd share in case it helps.  I found the place to enter it under Payments and Payouts.  Then clicked the Tax tab at the top.  Then clicked on Add International Tax Payer and was able to enter the RFC number and address etc.  
Hope that's all you need.  If not I wish you great luck and success in getting it figured out.  

Shannon820
Level 2
San Miguel de Cozumel, Mexico

Also cannot get Airbnb to validate my RFC. The biggest issue I am having is that the way Airbnb asks for the address is in a much different format than the Airbnb platform tax is asking. I would love to know if you figured this out.

Hi! I’m having the same issue with my RFC. I’m a Mexican resident as well. I haven’t received any help from air BnB. I’ve entered the RFC number where it’s supposed to be, but it’s not reflecting on the payouts for bookings.

call me **

**[Contact details removed -  Community Center Guidelines]

Rita2312
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Im having the same problem,  were you able to resolve it?  Ive entered my RFC but they keep taking our the 20% Airbnb has been totally useless in helping sadly.

Santiago491
Level 1
Cancún, Mexico

I keep getting the same problem! apparently I am not the only one, keep getting the 20% withholding already after putting my RFC in international tax payer, I send my income to my us account I do not know if that is the issue. 

Did you ever find a solution? I am having this exact same problem... the RFC is entered under taxes, but I can't set it as default or assign it to the listings.   I have been on the phone with support for hours and keep getting passed off to the next person who doesn't know what to do to help me.  I need to get this resolved so I can make sure we have our taxes filed correctly.  

Jamie994
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

Hola! Checking in here as I am having a similar issue and getting no help on getting my RFC added to my account. Its causing significant issues and all they say is that they're working on it. It's been a month and no fix. Have you had any luck getting it updated? Any work arounds?

Did they help you yet?  What are they telling you?  I have sent my RFC paperwork to AirBnB 3 times already.  Now they say my RFC number is not valid!!!  It's from the SAT office in Cabo.  

@Susan4965 I am having the same issues as everyone in this thread!! How frustrating. Were you able to resolve your issue? I am a resident and finally got my RFC. Air BnB says it invalid. They are no help. I’ve spent days on the phone!

Susan4965
Level 1
Westminster, CO

Help!  I am having the same problem since last July.  I have permanent Mexican residency and was issued our RFC number at the end of June from SAT.  It's been a nightmare with AirBnB.  Today I received an email stating my RFC number is not valid.  It's from the SAT office!!!  I just talked to my contact who helped me with our residency and our RFC & CURP number and she said that we can apply for another one.  I shouldn't have to do that.  It's time consuming and I wont be back to Cabo for a couple of months.  AirBnB support is horrible because they take FOREVER to resolve an issue.  I want to be reimbursed for the $ I am losing out with the overpayment of VAT taxes but I just need to get the RFC # resolved FIRST.  HELP!!!

Hi @Susan4965 , do you mind sharing your contact? I need to get an RFC number. 

Susana **

She is in Cabo, not sure where your rental is.

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Susan4965 and @German256,  I just wanted to share that I had to remove the phone number from Susan's reply since sharing personal information is not allowed per our Community Center Guidelines.

As both of you have Host profiles, I would like to suggest connecting by DM. Simply click on the user's name and you will find the option to send a message underneath the name. As a picture reference, you will see the following icon:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 1.40.26 PM.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad