Missing Payout

Missing Payout

My guests checked out on the 5th of April, it is now the 16th of April and I have still not received my payout? My account is setup as Bank transfer. Please any help or suggestions!! 

I posted previously and someone said that my first payout could take up to almost 4 weeks for security reasons? But I am just concerned that this is not the case. I have contacted my bank many times and

they have confirmed that there is no incoming payment due to me.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

15 Replies 15
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ashley1112  Why don't you believe that it can be up to 30 days until a new host receives their first payment? That is how it is, so getting all upset because it's been 9 days since your guests checked out and you haven't been paid yet doesn't make sense. 

Your bank doesn't have information about upcoming paynents from Airbnb, I don't know why you would expect them to.

Have you looked on your Transaction page to see the status of the payment?

@Sarah977  hi I am not upset at all, as mentioned I am just concerned and requested any suggestions, this is my first payout so I would just like to understand how this all works. 

Airbnb sent me the transaction  history, it does show that the payment was paid out by them, however I noticed on the CSV document it was initiated as a Payoneer payment. I don't have an account setup like that, but will create one today as it might seem that this is a new way for South Africand to receive International payments?

@Ashley1112  I don't know how payments work for South Africa, but I think Payoneer is a third party payment processor that Airbnb uses that then transfers the money to your bank account. In other words, it's not something you set up on your account. I wouldn't start changing the payout info you have on your account, as that could lead to a big screw up and you never getting paid.

I'd suggest you contact Airbnb customer service to find out about this, and if your transaction history says the payment has been released, (and it will also say what date it was released) it should appear in your bank account shortly after. 

But I've read some posts on this forum in the past about hold-ups and issues regarding payments that go through Payoneer.

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Ashley1112 

Are you are of this for SA hosts payments? Perhaps this may affect you.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2495/do-i-need-to-complete-the-exchange4free-form-thats-sent-to-...

@Elena87 Ah thank you, yes it could be! I have reached out to them, will await their response, thank you!

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ashley1112 

Ashley, I am assuming you put in place a payout preference when you set your listing up before it went live! If you did, you would have received a small amount of money.....a few cents from the intermediary that Airbnb uses for payouts. This is to establish that your payout details are correct and verified.

After that there is a procedure attached to reservation payouts. Airbnb releases a reservation payout 24 hours after the guest arrives, but this only happens for your second and subsequent payouts.

Your first payout will be released to you 30 days after the guest reservation is confirmed.

What this means is, if a guest booking with you was confirmed 5 weeks ago, your payout will be released to you the day after the guest arrives. If the reservation was confirmed a week before the guest arrived, you will have to wait another 21 days for that payout to arrive.

Don't ask me why this is the case, but trust me, it is! My feeling is, it is done to make sure the new host understands the basics of hosting and provides a competent hassle free stay for the guest!

Ashley, Airbnb payouts are very reliable, I have had 430+ of them and they have all arrived when Airbnb said they would.

Cheers........Rob

@Robin4  Did you forget about the time last year or so when no Aussie hosts got paid for a month? 

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977 

No I haven't forgotten about that Sarah, but that was a specific event back in 2018 that effected all Australian hosts, Airbnb didn't just single me out.

Airbnb told me all along the way what my payouts were, that they were working to fix their glitch and it got fixed, we all got paid. It just would have been preferable if they kept us hosts in the loop and given us the real reason their payment system was down, which in the end turned out to be Australian Taxation Office requirements we think! Airbnb are simply masters at keeping their hosts in the dark!

What I am trying to get across to @Ashley1112 , Airbnb's payout procedure is reliable, sure they play games with our money telling us nothing happens on public holidays or weekends, which in an electronic transfer world is  just nonsense....computing systems don't take the weekend  or Easter off. It is simply an excuse to hold onto our funds a bit longer. But they tell us it's their procedure and that is what they are going to do. They give us a date for each transaction as to when funds will arrive by.

I am trying to help Ashley and give her a bit of confidence that she will be paid. She is a new user and needs that confidence, and each time I mention in a post that Airbnb's payout system is reliable, you remind me of that month back in 2018 which tends to undermine what I am trying to do!  

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4  hi rob, thanks for clearing that up for me. I only recently joined so I'm not aware of the Australians not receiving their funds. So I think I might have come to a solution, apparently for South Africans we need to set up a Payoneer account if we request for a direct bank transfer as this is the new payment solution for accepting global payments, and then exchange4free is supposed to send us a mandate that we need to complete (for tax purposes for SARB), I have set up the account, I'm now just waiting for the document to complete. Thank you! 

Hi @Ashley1112 ,

I hope you can resolve the payment issue.

Happy Hosting.

Rebecca414
Level 2
Bogart, GA

@Brian @Ashley @Ashley112 Hope your payout issue was resolved. I have been experiencing an Airbnb payout issue.  This situation was a guest initiated long stay cancellation 1 week prior to check in. 7/14/21.  I agreed in the messages with the guest due to her circumstance that I would accept a 50% payout to me upon her cancellation and not required her to pay the full amount for the reservation. The guest called Airbnb to initiate the cancellation. Airbnb representative called me, told me the call was recorded, specified the $ amount I was to receive. Then I said yes, I agree. After the phone call I got a message on the reservation where it was processed wrong stating $0 money from guest $0 to host. I called back immediately and the representative acknowledged the error along with her supervisor and said”rest assured” you will get your payout and specified the correct $ amount.   Never hear anything from anyone with an update in support, continue to check the transaction history area of completed and upcoming payouts and nothing is there referencing this payout.  That is the biggest concern that it is not scheduled as a payout at all. I spoke to several representatives, “who pass to specialized teams, supervisors, etc.” don’t have answers and still no progress, communication or updated payout. One representative claimed the guest never paid,  but then retracted and apologized for the confusion after a screenshot of the payment received by Airbnb with a receipt was provided directly by the guest.  I have emailed the Head of Hosting directly and hope with her assistance this error will finally be corrected and the monies I am entitled to receive as a host will be dispersed.  I was told today by a representative that there is a Payout Department but there is no telephone number and he will have to email them I cannot.  12 days of running in a circle.  Any suggestions on who can effectively resolve this issue? I have screenshots and documentation of all issues. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rebecca414 could I please ask you to check your DMs here on the CC as I've just reached out regarding this? Thank you 

Maria15398
Level 1
Western Cape, South Africa

Hi Ashley, was wondering what had happened at the end with your payout. I am now on the same boat, Airbnb issued a payout on 5th March and 10 days later still not reflecting. 

Was wondering to find out from your experience. Hope it was solved and that it was once-off in terms of the delay.

thank you!

Maria

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Maria15398

I'm really sorry to hear you're running into some issues with your latest payout. I've checked on my end and the team has confirmed that someone is looking into it for you, and will follow-up as soon as possible.  

I hope this helps 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines