Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

376 Replies 376
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nicole272,

Lovely to meet you. I sorry there has been a delay in you receiving your payments – that is certainly a lot of money! Have you perhaps received any emails from our Support Team providing more information on what is currently happening? 

To add, I've just sent a message to a colleague of mine in the Support Team about this, so I will let you know if I hear any updates on this.  Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  I am also missing almost $40, 000 in payouts since July 14 and I still have not been able to get help. I do payout splits for all my properties with all different accounts so I was asked by Airbnb to re-enter ALL the accounts which took forever. Regardless of this I am still not receiving payouts. The same things happened to me last summer and it took me so long to get it resolved. I am supposed to close on a property next week and without that money, I not only will lose the property but I cold be sued by the seller. I am a huge advocate of Airbnb and I hate to complain but this absolutely ridiculous and detrimental to my business. How can I get this resolved today? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @IManageAir-Bnb0,

Thanks for your message, I'm sorry to hear you are still waiting to receive your payment. It sounds like you have been in touch with a case manager with our Support Team, so what I imagine is that they are currently looking into why the delay is happening. 

I will try and speak to a colleague of mine in the Support Team and see if there is any update on this. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I AM ALSO MISSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.  THEY CANNOT ANSWER WHY.  TOO MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE ANSWERING - ALL WITH DIFFERENT ANSWERS.  NONE MAKE SENSE.  THEY ARE CRIMINALS AND I WILL BE OUT OF IT ALL ONCE I HONOUR THIS YEAR'S RESERVATIONS.

Nicole272
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi @Lizzie I've had 7 case managers, I've emailed 35 @airbnb email addresses of exectuives I can find online, my pro host manager has said hes getting senior executives on this. Every single case manager has stopped responding. No one is being honest, transparent or communicating. I have been a wonderful partner to Airbnb and I'm being treated like an outcast. I've booked millions of dollars in reservations, contrinued to offer cooler and cooler accomodations, set up a network of local business for my guests to visit and have been at every hearing to advocate for airbnb in DC. How I've been treated is embarassing on the part of Airbnb. If I do not have an answer I'm going to be forced to seek damages. This is just a nightmare and I've got absoltuely no support from Airbnb.

Thank you for listening but you are now part of the list of people who have assured me that a collague is looking into this. You would be #10 and no one has given me anything but that answer. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw I'm so sorry you are feeling like this @Nicole272. It sounds like you have really been through it. 

l'll certainly try my very best to help you in any way that I can, to get this resolved and feel free to message me directly (hover over my avatar) if you prefer. 

I'll keep you updated when I hear more. I can't guarantee I will be able to get any further, it sounds like there maybe something stopping this moving forward, but I'm certainly here for you and will try everything I can to at least try to provide more information on what is happening. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

you are right.  i am in the same boat missing thousands of dollars in payouts.  WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND DO A CLASS ACTION SUIT.  I AM FURIOUS WITH AIRBNB.

Nicole272
Level 2
Washington, DC

I was very specifically told that this is Airbnb's error not mine. I did not do anything wrong. They have openly admitted it is there technology error but that is not an excuse for holding money hostage and ignoring your pro hosts. What's holding this up is an Airbnb issue and if that's the case than I'll fly out to SF right now to pick up a check. Which is what should be done and is the only right thing to do.

Hello everyone! I am in the same situation. I have been a superhost for several years with two listings and providing best possible service to my guests. And now Airbnb won't send me payouts for some reason. I have contacted the help center, they promised to investigate into the case but for the last 6 days nothing has happened. The case manager ignores any my question. Any idea what to do? It's a nightmare.

Check your private messages with the list. I'm making this list public on every post in the community forum about these issues until someone answers all of this. 

let's all get together and sue them/

I'm already filing a suit in small claims on Monday. I think a class action lawsuit is a great idea. 

Nicole272
Level 2
Washington, DC

@Roman148 I just sent you a private message. I've found over 100 emails of Airbnb employees, I'm sending them all messages. Some of them will get bounced back but about 100 of them have went through. I'm also getting every name in the legal department and having a demand letter sent out. Additonally if there is no resolution on Friday I'm going to test the waters to see what national news outlets will broadcast this. This is criminal that payouts are not being released.

Thank you very much! Hopefully we can solve our porblem. Wish you best luck!

I have written the big honcho, Brian Chesky, numerous times but not the courtesy of a reply.  they must be too embarrassed to acknowledge what is going on.  we really should all band together and put this out to the public at least - if not sue them