Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

373 Replies 373

Has anyone been paid??? I am 6 weeks into an ongoing run around with them. I am tired and just want my money....

Hi Andrew,

I'm having the same problem and is Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in outstanding payments. They are arbitrarily closing help requests and passing me on from one team to another.

Just checking if you were paid in the end? If so, what worked?

This seems to be a common-enough problem from Airbnb hosts...I'm getting worried if I'll ever get paid at all.

it’s horrible!  Hosts all over the world aren’t receiving their payouts!

No payment here either!

Hi Lachlan,

I'm having the same problem and is Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in outstanding payments. They are arbitrarily closing help requests and passing me on from one team to another. The funds being owed is clear as day and I've also provided supporting documents showing that no payments have come through.

Were you paid in the end? If so, what worked and how long did it take for them to release the funds?

This seems to be a common-enough problem from Airbnb hosts...I'm getting worried if I'll ever get paid at all.

Andrew2468  Lachlan27

Eduardo670 @Nick @Lizzie @Catherine-Powell @Katie @Nelly150 @Susan723 @Melanie829  Stephanie365  Helen274

IoannisandCristina0  @April286 @Matt-And-Ashley1 @Maya415 @Todd207  @Sophie1105 

Hi all,

Am following up on this thread to see if this was ever resolved and you all have 
since been paid?

I recently found out that Airbnb is owing me over US$17,000 in payments and for the past 6 weeks I'm being shoved from one department to another. My help tickets are getting arbitrarily closed and there is no one following on this case despite repeated calls. I'm concerned whether I'll getting my money back ever and am also worried if there's anything else going on in terms of the company's financial health.

As hosts, this is part of, if not all of our livelihood and as someone hosting in Shanghai that is facing 6 weeks of lockdown with no income, I need funds urgently to pay for rentals. Airbnb is not supporting hosts when we need support the most and is really messing with our livelihoods.

I'm a former financial journalist and am going to get the media and former colleagues on this. This need to be exposed! I am getting in touch with hosts here and other threads who have not been paid so there's an avenue to get a sense of how big a problem this is.

Please let me know how the payment problems were or were not resolved for you. Feel free to DM me here or email me at ** email address hidden **
Best regards,

Faye

I am having the same problem. One single payment is missing and just getting the same reply from airbnb, that they are trying to fix the problem but nothing happens. This has gone on like this during the last 5 weeks. All other payments have been received, without problem, during several years. My bank says Airbnb's processing partner has made a mistake.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Katrin-S-0, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. I've passed this on to the team so that they can investigate this. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

It looks like something fishy is going on at Airbnb but I have no idea what. This is not normal, that money transfers just disappear and no help is available from Airbnb. I have now been waiting for almost 6 weeks and I see that many others have the same problem

I have the same problem. Airbnb kept putting the blame on the bank and said that their money has been transferred. I kept tell them that if it is transferred then I should get it. 

I am still waiting for the missing payout from June 27th, 2022. This is very strange. All payments for years before and after june 27, 2022 are received but this single payment is missing and the only message I get is that they try to get the SWIFT confirmation from the processing partner but it can not be true that it takes 7 weeks to get the confirmation.  The missing payout is 

Amount  (DKK)

Good evening, we are having issues with Airbnb putting a hold on our earnings. The initial stay was approved by Airbnb, then guests requested an extension we accepted however Airbnb cancelled. Now holding our earnings from second guests to repay the $5k from #1. I did not verify any of the guests. Any advice?   I have worn my fingers and patience out

Eline2601
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Did anyone get their money in the end? Im experiencing the same. No payment and no help to get. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Eline2601 Sorry to hear about this! I've nudged the team for you on my end, if I get more info I'll let you know. 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Its the same answer all around, everybody will nudge someone who can help, but there have not been any help for 3 weeks, despite all the nudging, phonecalls, writings and so on.

This company builds on trust between, guest hosts and most of all airbnb as administrators. Its very critical that when you as a host need help gets ignored or pushed around from one department to another without any clearence or real help.