Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

366 Replies 366

I am having the exact same thing happen now. I have been hosting for almost 2 years. Never a “lost” payment. My reservation currently shows the guest I am hosting on the calendar but on upcoming and completes payouts...nothing. It doesn’t show the payment anywhere and it’s as if the reservation was never made yet it’s in my calendar and I am currently hosting the guests with no pay. 

I’m going through the same scenario you just described. Did they ever resolved this for you?

I’m now having the same problem I can’t get hold of anyone 2 Payments missing January and March - Ive got another booking  but may cancel it as Air BNB haven’t paid for the previous 2 payments which has put me in a vulnerable position with a number of service providers.

Does anyone know the recourse on this matter - Air BNB have been utterly awful up to now despite numerous e-mails and now a phone call to chase up on matters.

is there any other platforms I can complain to on their conduct ?

@Bruce581 send them immediately a public message via Twitter or Facebook or both. You'll get quicker attention to your problem.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Bruce581

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem with two payouts. I checked in with the team and will send you a DM shortly with more information on what I found out. 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Zerimar0 

You get this figured out. Happening to me right now with current guests. No record of future or current payout for them.

This is the first time happening to me. I started hosting in December. Guests stayed one night, did not get payout and the amount disappeared from my account and transaction history.  Tried calling and online chat with Airbnb yesterday and still haven't heard back from them.

@Dan12797 Have you been contacted yet?  Having same issue.  Guest checked in Thursday, out Saturday.  Friday afternoon my payout total for the month decreased without a cancellation and now the payout for that stay is no where to be found in transaction history.  Spoke with the generic answering team who claims to have escalated my issue to Billing.  Still no informative answer.  No call back.  Only generic messages.  

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Also, following on what Robin said, every once in a while click on 'Security', and IF you notice a 'strange' log in from a place you didn't log from. Yes the Airbnb system can be hacked and payments diverted, and yes Airbnb will make good on it and not show much alarm, though what goes on behind the scenes may be a whole other story. 

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Hello Rob. Perhaps I was not clear above. The payouts are not listed in my transaction history or included in my monthly total. The transaction history shows last/past payout of June 30 and next future payout on July 7. These missing payouts were for July 1 check in. The guests did indeed check in on July 1 (2 groups of guests for 2 separate listings) and are still at the properties.  They are reflected on my calendar but NOT in the transaction history. Just the same as what happened earlier this year...only this time substantially more money. Sure would like to get Airbnb to correct their error. Going on three days now and no reply from the representative who is looking into it.

Then it sounds like it is indeed an 'error', eventually you be send to a department that has the power to correct such mistakes. Btw, AirbnbTwitter is your best approach. Good luck.

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Abnb has acknowledged that there was an error and that they are working on correcting it. From my perspective I am out nearly $2k until they figure it out. I am on day 3 now and was just advised this morning that I should give airbnb at least another day to correct their error. Airbnb is in the same fiduciary position as a bank.  When I make a transaction at my bank I don't run home and check that the transaction was posted. I should be able to have the same level of trust in airbnb handling my money that I do in my bank. Unfortunately now that airbnb has twice lost my payouts I feel I have to scrutinize every transaction. That is an unfortunate burden for a host. 

Jawad10
Level 2
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

I am scrutinizing but even with this lots happened and not resolved. The same happened to me since April this year 2019. Nothing resolved yet even with too many phone calls and emails. no one is helping. hope I can reach the headquarter to understand what is going on. I am keeping documents of everything. Any suggestions or email and contacts of a person who is responsible to solve this issue. The amount is almost 3k. Airbnb looks volatile and you can not contact them. the only thing we do is contacting a community or some people who are not helping at all. Airbnb is collapsing. 

Joe434
Level 2
Houghton, MI

Same thing happened here, over $1200 totally misssing, contacted Airbnb, they said they made this payout, but can not provide any proof. 

Hi joe , have the same problem exactly , 5k didn’t arrived . 

Did you get your missing payout? 

can you share some info