Missing Payouts

Answered!
Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Missing Payouts

I have not received a payout in over a month. I am owed a lot of money and will not tell me why I am not receiving my payouts. 

I call and message repeatedly and they tell me the same thing "the appropriate department has been notified and they will contact you" 

It has been over a month with no payment nor any contact from said "department"

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

1 Best Answer

Contact the guests ( the previous and upcoming ) as them for some help. Ask to contact AirB&B and find out what happened to their money they paid. 
it helped me allot. AirB&B paid me very fast after that … 

View Best Answer in original post

205 Replies 205

I've also spent a long time exchanging text messages and talking on the phone with Airbnb support reps, and I'm nowhere near a resolution. No-one can explain what the problem is or when the money will be paid, all I hear is "we'll resolve this as soon as possible" but nothing gets done. I have more than 50 completed reservations since 2016 and this is the first time I am facing such a problem. I suspect there is no resolution because Airbnb simply does not have the money to pay us, and the best thing for hosts in our situation is to cut our losses and move our listings to another platform. If the company is unable to pay its suppliers (and that's who we are, essentially), you know it's not long before they are declared insolvent. The Covid crisis and now the war in Ukraine must have affected them very badly and they won't be the first company to go under in the middle of such a huge double whammy for the tourism industry.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ivan1957

Sorry to hear about all this! I just wanted to let you know I've just sent you a message with a bit more info I got on this one. You can check them by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner, and going into your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Olga,

I'm in same situation, have you received any money ?

Regrds

Slawomir

Hi, yes, I received payments after 2 months delays

Trudi15
Level 5
Zürich, Switzerland

I contacted the UK payment Ombudsmans Service this am, funny, 30 minutes after they contacted AirBnB Payments UK I got my payouts...coincidence? no idea. It took 5 weeks to get paid, but i just got the email that all payouts have been released....still no idea why this happened. Hopefully this never happens again. If it does I will pull all of my listings.

Parag3
Level 2
Mumbai, India

I have started facing similar payout issue here in India. I am facing the same challenge with the Support ambassadors doing "passing the parcel" issue for my payout. I haven't changed my payout method since registering as a host for 5+ years. And never faced such an issue till now. And to top it all, the support responses always land up post bedtime in India. Frequent calls (lasting upto 40+ min) lead nowhere as no expert ever attends. Promise to get back with resolution isn't upheld. I have decided to turn off hosting till I get my past payout! Anyone facing similar issues in India?

I've now cancelled my one outstanding reservation and removed my two listings from Airbnb. I'm owed 560 euros for a reservation that was completed about a month ago and all I get from Airbnb is silly excuses. First, two separate Support representatives simply lied to me that the money has been released and I just need to wait some more. Then another rep said there was a problem with my identity verification (first time I heard of it). After forcing me to re-submit my ID twice, they said I have passed verification and the money will be released any minute now. It's been more than a week since then. I am forced to conclude that Airbnb is in dire financial trouble and simply does not have the money to pay what they owe to their hosts. I have told all my friends that the company appears to be facing bankruptcy and they should avoid booking any trips with Airbnb because if the company goes under, all their bookings will be cancelled and they won't get their money back. I think this message should also be spread via Twitter and other social media platforms. This now appears to be a trend, not an isolated incident, and the sooner people know about it, the fewer of them will be affected if and when Airbnb declares that they are insolvent.

Lily30
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Same issue here. Missing payout of 1345$ from airbnb, no support just closed my 4 cases tickets, waisted me lots of time. I'm going to file dispute to Canada OBSI, or small courts if needs

@Sybe Hi Sybe, I posted my missing payout case here almost 4 weeks already. And I have spoke with 4 agents they just closed my case was trash.  I'm going to file a lawsuit and has been text my pass guests regarding this missing payout.

Have you had any luck?

I am also filing a lawsuit and cancelling my reservations? Are your payouts still halted. The ambassadors just keep telling me random things. It’s like they have never seen the case before and don’t know how to use the app. 

I have same issue also.  I though I was alone. 6 weeks without payments. Write them on twitter and block your whole calender. 

Hi! We have the same situation and now I am very frustrating

Lily30
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

very disappointed 

Olatunji2
Level 2
Ikeja, Nigeria

Judging from my experience, I urge patience and persistence with the airbnb team. It is frustrating and at times agonising. Many of the support team members at the help centre are downright clueless of the issues hosts are reporting. But through patience and perseverance all concerns are addressed and brought to a closure. This is judging based on my experience!

The same for me. I have missing payouts as well! Anyone figure it out?