Missing Payouts

Answered!
Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Missing Payouts

I have not received a payout in over a month. I am owed a lot of money and will not tell me why I am not receiving my payouts. 

I call and message repeatedly and they tell me the same thing "the appropriate department has been notified and they will contact you" 

It has been over a month with no payment nor any contact from said "department"

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

1 Best Answer

Contact the guests ( the previous and upcoming ) as them for some help. Ask to contact AirB&B and find out what happened to their money they paid. 
it helped me allot. AirB&B paid me very fast after that … 

View Best Answer in original post

205 Replies 205

@Marie1009 

Thank you Marie for the advice.

All the best to you !

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

We are not as badly off as others but we haven't had payouts for 4 guests from 16 March amounting to $1351.86 AUD but some in that period were paid. We have canceled and restored our account several times and wasted a lot of time as we have paid for our guest's bread, butter, spreads, milk, coffee, tea, cereal, toilet paper, tissues, hand towels, cleaning products, laundry detergent, power, gas and water out of our pensions.

Airbnb emailed us on May 2 that "Your new payout method has been verified". However, at the close of banking business today no payout has been deposited.
Yes, we have written to Airbnb about this often but need the problem solved. We have exchanged many messages, and spoken with consultants.
Nearly forgot to mention, we also need to pay our cleaning staff too, who has just started, as we will soon be involved in daily medical treatment.
We enjoy our guests but are wondering how long we can keep going without payment and when do we start canceling guest bookings.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Marg11 Sorry to hear about this! I'll try to nudge the team for you on this issue, and if I have any further updates I'll let you know. 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Thanks Emilie.

Sonia1356
Level 1
Mountain Dale, NY

Anybody else is experiencing missing payouts recently? We are missing payouts for the third time. My full time job become calling Airbnb once a day to hear the same story over and over again that they are issuing payouts meanwhile there is no resolution. Our payouty method is PayPal and when I called them they strictly said that they don’t hold on to the money because they make money on fees related to the transfers so it’s Airbnb who holds the money. As a host with multiple listings and hundreds bookings per year this is major issue. Each one of us hosts have cash flow and bills to pay including cleaning crew sometimes for 10 or 20 cleanings per week. This puts us in very uncomfortable situation with no answer or solution. Your only answer is to wait longer but your “payout rules” are very clear on your website how long does it take to receive a payout. In four years everything worked perfectly like in a clock and now this is third time this is happening and I’m assuming this is going to be issue moving forward.  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Sonia1356, thank you for sharing this here. I have passed this on to the team immediately so that they can investigate this for you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mike-And-Jane0   Neil566 Maciej19  Yonas3  Kimberly763  Wiratmini0  Jennifer2266   Tatania1   Andrew2468   Michelle39  Desirée22  Colleen253   Mohammed242 

Have you all 
since been paid? I am owed over US$17,000 myself and am being shoved from one department to another. My help messages are getting arbitrarily closed and there is no one following on this case despite repeated calls. I'm concerned whether I'll getting my money back ever and am also worried if there's anything else going on in terms of the company's financial health.

As hosts, this is part of, if not all of our livelihood and as someone hosting in Shanghai that is facing 6 weeks of lockdown with no income, I need funds urgently to pay for rentals. Airbnb is not supporting hosts when we need support the most and is really messing with our livelihoods.

I'm a former financial journalist and am going to contact media on this  so am getting in touch with hosts who have not been paid so there's an avenue to get a sense of how big a problem this is.

Best regards,

Faye

@Andrew2468 @Shanghai-Home0 @Quincy @Sonia1356 @Marg11 

Hello Faye,

I waited for two months and some days to get my payment through despite that I had many verified payout methods and always one of them was the default verified payout method.

After 100 frustrating hours of messaging, calling, tweets and even writing emails to high ranking officials up the Airbnb managerial hierarchy I finally got paid this weekend.

The experience taught me that delayed payments are not rare but in all honesty they are not very common considering there are millions of hosts around the world.

In my humble opinion the Airbnb model is no longer relevant in the world which is why I don't use it as a guest nor as a host.

The fees are too high, the customer service is horrendous, the app and website are horrible and it is highly politicised which is probably why you are delayed payment of such a huge amount ( 17,000 USD ) at a time you are most vulnerable in locked down Shanghai.

I hope you will update us on when you finally get the cash !

Barbara2728
Level 2
Grand Junction, CO

Apparently noting has changed for the better in almost 2 years. A month into booking, and I have not received any money at all. 

Dyanne6
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I'm having the same problem. Over a month and I haven't received my May Revenue. Dealing with Airbnb is a nightmare!!!!

Yonas3
Level 2
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Try contacting your guest . let your guest ask where the money went. It worked for me 

Trudi15
Level 5
Zürich, Switzerland

How did that work for you? you got your guest to complain?

Valeriia7
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hi
I have the same problem, I'm waiting my money more than 4 weeks, they constantly deny the problem, coming up with a new excuse each time, firstly wrote that perhaps there is some problem with a bank, then some problems with listings that actually don’t use any more ( in Ukraine) then that payout method is not right and have me to change it, some of support team promise that payouts will be in 48 hours ( empty words) I heard at least 8 versions from 8 different Airbnb support ambassador, but every time I tried to convey to them that this is not normal,  disappointing and frustrating, but they give me another excuse or promises and basically ignore me, I called 20 time or maybe more , I have written messages them at least  30 -40 or more, I have about 15k on hold.

And favourite thing that Airbnb support says is “special team” will contact me back.. I wait already second month- WHEN that magic team finally solve my issue ( actually theirs issue) It is like a battle for your payouts. You do continue to work - host people and don’t receive anything at all. 
Service is unfair and frustrating!!

Valeriia7
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hi
I have the same problem, I'm waiting my money more than 4 weeks, they constantly deny the problem, coming up with a new excuse each time, firstly wrote that perhaps there is some problem with a bank, then some problems with listings that actually don’t use any more ( in Ukraine) then that payout method is not right and have me to change it, some of support team promise that payouts will be in 48 hours ( empty words) I heard at least 8 versions from 8 different Airbnb support ambassador, but every time I tried to convey to them that this is not normal,  disappointing and frustrating, but they give me another excuse or promises and basically ignore me, I called 20 time or maybe more , I have written messages them at least  30 -40 or more, I have about 15k on hold. And favourite thing that Airbnb support says is “special team” will contact me back.. I wait already second month- WHEN that magic team finally solve my issue ( actually theirs issue) It is like a battle for your payouts. You do continue to work - host people and don’t receive anything at all.  Service is unfair and frustrating!!

This is very concerning...I have the same issue , now 8 payments overdue for more than $6,000 from the last 6 weeks. .....the only recourse seems to be to send them a legal arbitration letter. If my payments do not get resolved this week that is what I will do.  Stay tuned....