Money unduly withheld by Airbnb

Cristina2768
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Money unduly withheld by Airbnb

I have to report a very serious case that I am having with Airbnb that since October has been unduly withholding the money of our customers and does not solve the problem no one responds to the various e-mails sent so I have completely lost confidence in this body of promotion of the sale of holiday homes and I alert all owners to be very careful because to anyone can happen, really a shame

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cristina2768 is this a tax withholding or are you not being paid at all?

For a simple document check to confirm ownership of the accommodation, this check took five months instead of two days or a week and in these five months we received  all the customers and we have not received even a dollar from air bnb all the money has been withheld from Airbnb due to their bureaucratic hitch which is absurd

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Cristina2768, welcome to the Community Center. 

Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened.

Let me send this over to our team. Hopefully, they'll be able to get back to you as soon as possible. I will try to keep you updated here in the meantime as well. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello again @Cristina2768, I was informed by the team that everything should be ok now. Could you please confirm this? Thanks!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Cristina2768
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hi Quincy, thank you for responding promptly, apparently yes finally half of the money due has been deposited, even if in the meantime another shameful fact has happened. I really lost faith in air bnb .

Cristina2768
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Money unjustly returned to a customer

A client who had booked with us after being at the villa for 3 days found accommodation at the nearby beachfront accommodation where her friends were staying for a wedding, and so for her convenience she decided to invent false accusations of missing services at our home and sent false pictures of our home to get the refund, after having communicated with the customer myself, I received an answer from her which said (I am a stressed mother because I did not sleep last night sorry I do not request any refund) I then communicate to the Air B&B theme the answer of the customer and the same call center responsable at that time  (by written message) confirms that the customer no longer wants a refund, she decide to left anyway and move into the beachfront villa she do a check out and returned they keys .
Then 2 days later the client came back while we were doing maintenance work in the house (which was open at the time) she entered without permission she took pictures and sent them to another air bnb team who decided to send the refund to the customer on the basis of the photos she took during the house maintenance work, this is absurd and unacceptable because it means that anyone can come and stay for free and behind falsely declaring receive the money back, prejudicing us owners in our work, and air bnb without even ask for feedback unjustly decides to give back to the customer who deliberately fraudulently produced false evidence, I call it criminal behavior, without any professionalism.