NYC OSE registration application pending denial

Lyon31
Level 1
New York, NY

NYC OSE registration application pending denial

I was a relatively new host when the NYC restrictions took effect last year and I believe my single family house and the guest suite we set up should qualify within New york's narrow rules. I am working now on correcting the 3rd denial of my application (each one has taken about 3 months to get a response and has whittled down one of the violations and left the rest remaining even though I have taken steps to correct all of them). I haven't had any response to specific questions from the OSE. The violation that remains is vague:

"1) The submitted listing appears to offer illegal occupancy, specifically it appears to offer an unhosted listing, and may be corrected by replacing the listing with one that offers a legal occupancy or amending the listing to make clear that the stay is hosted within the unit that is the subject of the application."

I've changed my listing's language multiple times to indicate specifically that I live here and that my bedroom is downstairs while the guest room is upstairs. I've added language taken directly from the local law 18. I've seen other nyc listings with registration numbers that seem to offer very similar housing as mine. I'm curious if other home owner hosts have run into this issue and how they have over come it.

Any advice? thanks!

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

You'd be better on the New York host group @Lyon31 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lyon31, to complement Helen's comment, here is the link to the Local Host Clubs where you can connect with Hosts in New York.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad