New Zealand bank account Payout Method Stuck on Pending

Answered!
Marie-And-Mike0
Level 2
Taupo, New Zealand

New Zealand bank account Payout Method Stuck on Pending

Does anyone else in NZ have recent experience of difficulties with having their bank account for payouts verified? That is changing from "pending" status to "Ready".  We have been battling for nearly a month now to find out why our account (an ASB account) is not verified and now have thousands of dollars waiting to be paid out. We have found that the help centre staff just seem to bring out the usual statement "it takes 5 days to verify your account" and seem to be unable to do anything to find out exactly what the problem is. We were transferred to a so called "case manager" who was supposed to contact us after the yet another 5 day wait for verification if there was still a problem, but have heard nothing.  We would be grateful for any advice on how to get actual action out of AirBnb, particularly does anyone know how to get them to escalate an issue and get them to stop "closing a case" before the issue is resolved?

1 Best Answer

hi yes for some silly reason they do pay in US dollars. so yes it gets converted twice which is annoying. there is no charge to transfer to your bank from PayPal if the amount is over $100 (NZD) otherwise it is just $1. They probably make a bit on the exchange but overall I find it isn't bad and I have the money next day so it has been trouble free. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Wendy684
Level 6
Levin, New Zealand

I've no idea sorry I always use PayPal and then pay from them direct to my Bank. So never had a problem. I also bank with asb in NZ. They have to get the correct international routing number. Once they make one correct payment it should get easier.

Or switch to PayPal and withdraw the lot that way. 

Thanks for the reply.  Any idea what the total cost is for Paypal as a % of the payout? I believe they pay in USD so I would assume there are significant exchange rate losses as a result of the initial conversion to USD from NZD and then back again to NZD when you transfer to your bank - this in addition to the fees they charge?

hi yes for some silly reason they do pay in US dollars. so yes it gets converted twice which is annoying. there is no charge to transfer to your bank from PayPal if the amount is over $100 (NZD) otherwise it is just $1. They probably make a bit on the exchange but overall I find it isn't bad and I have the money next day so it has been trouble free. 

Raylene5
Level 1
Te Awamutu, NZ

I hsve been trying for several months to set up nz bank acct from my pay pal. Askedfor 16 digits we only have 15 digits in NZ. Please help

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

My payments stopped last year because of the 3 digit suffix with Westpac  and so I had to move to another bank that had only the two,  since then it’s been fine.