New listing discount

Answered!
Adeola5
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

New listing discount

I am new to air bnb. I listed my apartments last month and got my first booking and I realised my customer was given 20% without my consent. Is this the way it works cos I am confused? I already discount the apartment before I listed. Thanks 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adeola5 when you set up the listing you will have been given the option to turn off the introductory discount but you probably missed this. You can switch it off now if you haven't already given it on 3 bookings.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adeola5 when you set up the listing you will have been given the option to turn off the introductory discount but you probably missed this. You can switch it off now if you haven't already given it on 3 bookings.

Thanks Mike for explaining this to me. Can you please guide me on how to turn off the introductory discount. Thanks 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Adeola5  There are many thingss that are turned on by default when you first list. 20% discount, InstantBook, lots of stuff. You need to go through all the settings and check that they are set the way you want.

Hello, Can you be more specific??  What steps do we take to remove this 20% "new listing" discount?  I am not able to find it in the settings.  I didn't approve it on my listing either and want to remove it.

Thanks

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Teri1017 

it is a promotion, so you can find in the listing calender under "promotions"

added:

BTW i do not see the promotion is active on your new listing.

Hi Emiel1.  Thank you for responding.  🙂   I see it under "promotions" as a "Past Promotion" even though it shows it going on until Jun 1st.  Its locked.  It doesn't let me change it.  Any suggestions on how I can remove this.  I have had a couple of people already book and it applied the ridiculous discount so I am getting screwed.  

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Teri1017 

The promotion is only for the first 3 bookings on a new listing.

So probably it has finished already, as your listing seems not to offer it (anymore) when i simulate some bookings: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/574747752949493206

Thank you Emiel1.

I offered the discount and a guest wants to book but she said that the fees were based on the non discounted price. So does Airbnb want me to give a discount but they base their fees on the full price?