No booking

Ka22
Level 1
Parramatta Park, Australia

No booking

HI everyone,

I dont know if everyone is doing less travel this year due to inflation. This year i have received no booking from Airbnb since mid of Nov 23. Last year this time was heavily booked and completely opposite this year.

I have reduced a night rate under $150 and still with low viewing rate. In order to keep the cash flow on in Dec, i have to temporaily lease to students on monthly basis at this moment.

Do everyone having the same issue?

I have checked my listing and still up, so it is very strange....

I may possibly switch back to long term rental if this remains very quiet...otherwise i cannot keep up with the bank payment.

Any idea?

3 Replies 3
Angela3066
Level 2
Overton, TX

Not sure , We’ve been listed for over a year and have never gotten a booking. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you checked demand and supply in your area @Ka22 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ka22  It is my opinion that the messing around that AirBnB is doing with their website searches, i.e. stay dates, length of stay, categories, favorites and super host status has severely hampered the ability of guests to navigate the website and find the accommodations they want.  For the past 4 years we have been very well booked through AirBnB, representing at least 50% of our bookings, but as of the summer 2023 update we have had ZERO bookings via AirBnB and have had to rely on other platforms, which have fortunately kept us in business and well booked.

If AirBnB does not bring us any bookings for 2024 -- and we tend to be booked by guests at least 3 to 6 months out -- we will probably snooze or delete our listings.