No bookings since December 2019

Ruth799
Level 1
England, GB

No bookings since December 2019

Hey 🙂 happy new year... I know it’s a bit late. 
I haven’t had a booking since December 2019, I’m getting a bit worried as I tend to be mostly overbooked ... is someone able to review & listing and give tips or tell me if you are having the same issues please? 

link enclosed: https://abnb.me/8pzkk0exl3

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ruth799  Your place looks cute and comfortable and you have good reviews. Lots of hosts, all over the world, have been reporting that bookings are way down. This may be due to increased competition, may be seasonal, depending on your location, and the coronavirus scare, I'm sure, isn't helping, as far as people travelling internationally. 

The only thing I can suggest is that you work on your photo gallery a bit. All the photos that say "Living Room, Kitchen" etc, are really fuzzy. Take clear, better ones. And I don't understand why you have 2 almost identical photos of the bathroom/tub- one with no products visible, and one that is totally cluttered with stuff around the bathtub. I would ditch both of those, and take a clear photo with only a few products there, and if there is space, put up a shelf or a small piece of furniture next to the tub that can house all those products, if they are normally there because they are yours.

Also, changing out the photos may cause the algorithms to bump you up in search ranking for a little while. I'm about to do that myself, because while I was full up from Dec. 4th to second week in Jan., I now have zero upcoming bookings. We don't really know much about what determines search ranking, aside from using IB, but it's said that changing things up in your listing info can help.