Non payment of earnings

Non payment of earnings

hi folks,

I am wondering if someone has experienced the same, I host in Australia and I have been on Airbnb hosting for nine years.

For the first time Airbnb is not making payments. There is three outstanding payments currently and after about two weeks of constant messaging, phone calls etc. I have still not been paid.

I’m really concerned as I am a solo income earner family I rely on my payments to be made in a timely manner.

I have a mortgage, outgoings on the Apartment, rates, insurance, electricity, etc, etc.
my mortgage is now overdue.

I am currently to date owed over $2200 in back payments. This has been going on since 10 December and still have not received any payments.

Is anyone else here in Australia experiencing Airbnb holding onto their payments and not making them? I have contacted my bank at Airbnb request  They have reached out to asked me to do things and then they never follow up with a phone call or email for me to upload my bank statements etc.

I’m really desperate for any help. I think I’m going to have to get a lawyer involved, has anybody had to bring a lawyer in to make claims for non-payment . this is definitely not a bank issue or bank account issue, as everything has been checked three times

my bank says there is nothing they can do & Airbnb must run a trace of which I’ve asked them many times but still nothing has been done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m at the end of my tether !

kindly

Lee

21 Replies 21

Same situation here too in Canada!  12k owed.  Over 5 months 

same canned responses!  
glitch!

non existent payout issues!  

IMG_6415.jpeg

Hi Lee

You won't believe this, but I am in exactly the same situation as you.

Have you received your payment yet from Airbnb?

I am a host and have been on Airbnb for a long time around 7 years. 

This is the first time that the payout is not being paid to me.

They owe me two payouts and are already more than 2 weeks late.

Everytime I call them they say rest assured I will escalate this and we will surely resolve this case.

This same language has been going on for weeks. I have been calling everyday.

So now I am preparing my case for ACCC. 

If you haven't been paid please contact me on ** and we might have more power together.

Thanks.

Regards Victoria. 

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Exact same experience as Lee-Anne, but I'm in Canada. It seems to be a tactic they've been using since at least 2020. 

For me it's been since May 2024 to now, August 2024 -- still owed over 7000$.  

Starting in May (we are seasonal) AirBnB has sent just three payments for guests. None of these payments has been for over 1,000$.

Currently they have paid me once in May (615.07), once in June for damage (246.72), and twice in July (960.30) and (961.27).

Currently outstanding are another $6,469.95 worth of guest stays that just don't seem to work. 

What is happening:

Payment says processing. Payment says on hold. Payment says processing. Payment says paused. 

I have one payment of $2,902.32 that has 'sent' - except my bank sees nothing at all to suggest airbnb even tried to deposit money before the "bank reversal" occurred. TD says it is not possible for AirBnB to have attempted a deposit that TD rejected and there to be no visible evidence of that. 

It is August 8th now. The 'tracers' have found my missing $2,902.32 and confirmed I didn't receive it. Now the game is "wait for the money to be transferred back to airbnb before it can be reissued to me", at which point we all know it won't be sent anyways, because nothing over $1,000 has made it's way to me since May. That's over three months worth of nearly total non-payment. 

Odd that all these issues keep happening to somehow keep any of my money from being sent to me. One might almost think it's on purpose rather than by accident. (this is sarcasm, to be clear, of course it's on purpose).

What support is saying:

There was an error processing the transaction.

Change your payment from paypal to your bank.

Verify you bank account. 

Verify your paypal account (but some payments are going through? No. verify it anyways)

Make paypal your default account. It is. 

Make your bank account your default. Didn't work. 

Must be the bank account, change to another bank account. 

It's an internal issue and they're working on it.

The engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it. 

Call paypal.

Call your bank.

You need to set a payment method - I've had one for three years, so...?

I have contacted AirBNB by messages at least 11 times. At least once by phone. 

I have also contacted paypal, after airbnb told me it was a paypal issue. 

I have also contacted TD, after airbnb told me it was my bank's fault. 

it’s Deja vu!  All the things you have listed are ALL the things they have said to me.  Only payouts under $1000 go through.  Except $3500 after I asked for their legal departments contact info.  

IMG_6415.jpeg

Same issue here in Canada.  
same run around for over 5 months!  12k owed

monique dot price at grand Erie dot ca

IMG_6415.jpeg

Exact same experience, Lee-Anne, but I'm in Canada. It seems to be a tactic they've been using since at least 2020. 

For me it's been since May 2024 to now, August 2024 -- still owed over 7000$.  

Monique dot price at grand Erie dot ca

we need to join forces!