Open Home - Paid?

Answered!
Tracy2
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Open Home - Paid?

Hi,

I just received a request for Open Home booking and my payout shows 0 even though I signed up for Paid.  Will I be paid?  If not, why is airbnb sending me requests for Free bookings?

Top Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tracy2  If the payout shows 0, then you will receive 0. I guess you'll have to contact Airbnb to find out why they aren't honoring the amount you had set. There seem to be a lot of glitches with this program, and you have be on guard- people are lying about being first responders and such just to get a free or discounted stay. Don't trust Airbnb's vetting process on this- do your own verifications.

View Top Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tracy2  If the payout shows 0, then you will receive 0. I guess you'll have to contact Airbnb to find out why they aren't honoring the amount you had set. There seem to be a lot of glitches with this program, and you have be on guard- people are lying about being first responders and such just to get a free or discounted stay. Don't trust Airbnb's vetting process on this- do your own verifications.

Tracy2
Level 2
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Thank you!  I did get hold of Airbnb after an hour on hold and he was baffled by the 0 payout since my account is set up to be paid for covid-19.  he escalated it after getting a screenshot from me and said someone would respond in 2-3 hours.  No one responded, so I declined the reservation.  Too much cleaning and sanitizing to do it for free but maybe I'll offer a discount.  must be bugs in the system.  The person did seem sketchy as she said she was visiting her dad and didn't want to give him the virus.  she worked as a nurse for covid-19 but was wanting free rent to visit her dad.  didn't make sense to me. 

Anyway, if airbnb ever responds, i'll update.