Payout issues resolved in South Africa

Payout issues resolved in South Africa

Hey guys. So I had not received my payouts at all since the beginning of 2024. Four bookings payouts were sent but then there were continuous errors with my payout method and I was told to delete and re-add the account. I was told to check with my bank as the error could be with them. I was advised that the payouts were sent and that I should be patient. (But they were not sent and subsequently returned to airbnb) Any way after a lot of messaging and calls with so many absolutly clueless airbnb ambassadors, I finally worked out that we need to complete a mandate form at the beginning of each year with Exchange4Free. Airbnb only gives you one email and an international number for them. You can contact Exchange4Free locally on +27 10 5007819

They will email the mandate to you. It is quick to complete and you get your payouts. I got all my payouts on the same day when completing the mandate.

Wish you all well

Diane

Cape Town

South Africa

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Diane1557 👋

Thank you so much for sharing this. It'll help lots of Hosts facing the same issues regarding payouts in South Africa. 

Wishing you all the best,

Rebecca 🌟 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lizanne7
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi @Diane1557 ,

Exchange4free is only able to send the host the mandate form once airbnb has sent/booked the payout.  It is an automatic process, so host would have received the mandates to sign if their payouts were released.

But my situation sounds exactly like yours regarding the payout methods that needed to be re-added etc.

Unfortunately, I have not received payouts for my last 3 books even though AirBnB sent emails saying the payouts were made. FNB cannot help because I have not received proof of payment nor a mandate for funds coming into the country. Still waiting to hear back on receiving our funds.