Payout not received

Answered!
Josie131
Level 2
Snodland, United Kingdom

Payout not received

I ve been hosting since the 12th April and had a good bookings rate. I set my payout method up a month before and had no reason to think anything was wrong. I am yet to receive any of my payouts and it's mounting up with more and more bookings coming in. I've contacted support several times but they only keep confirming they have sent the payout. I'm being to told to simply wait. I noticed you can't check or amend your payout information. So I added again and set as default for the the last booking and subsequent payout. Still no money and still no support. How can I get the payments team or someone to check where my money is going? I've spent money and it's costing me money to run and am getting nothing coming in from Airbnb. Please can someone point me in the right direction or offer some helpful advise. As I'm now waiting for a  good few hundred pounds. 

1 Best Answer
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Josie131 

Welcome to the community 😊

If a host is new to Airbnb and receives their first reservation, Airbnb may take 30 days to pay the host.

You may need to keep track of your payout status in transaction history. In my experience, PayPal is the faster payment method. 

It may take a few days to show up in your account after being released.

View Best Answer in original post

129 Replies 129
Kobus13
Level 2
Langebaan, South Africa

Hi - i recieved my first payout after almost two months of struggle and absolute useless support, eventually got paid and thought all been sorted.  But now with second payout the same old story with message that my bank could not process the transaction. I have not touch my payout details since last payment. Absolute nonsense and  i cannot think anything else that Airbnb is purposefully delay payout to earn even more interest on the money they collected from guests 3 months ago. 

Same problem here. They claim that is my bank's fault or that it is the holidays. But my money is certainly not in holidays, it's making interest somewhere. 

Cathy170
Level 3
Saint Paul Charlestown Parish, Saint Kitts and Nevis

I am having that issue now.  I rented a clients house and received an email stating the payout was sent and we should be receiving it between the 18th-22nd of December.  It is now January 3rd and still no record of payment at our bank.  I am not new to this and have never had this happen before.  The owner of the home that I rented is absolutely livid and does not believe me or that this could happen and he is desperate to be paid.  But I get nowhere with anyone I speak to, only that my case has been escalated.  No one calls me back, but the renter called Airbnb and complained about some issues and they are acting like they are going to give her a partial refund asap.  I told them I would have already done so had I received our payout.  If they pay her and the payment has actually been sent, then they will deduct money from another payout from another client!  I can’t work like this and plan on taking the homes off Airbnb once I receive payment.  Although I do have rentals coming up, but I can’t afford to rent homes and not be paid.  And, I cannot have someone calling me and screaming and threatening me with legal repurcussions when it is Airbnb that is not paying.  And the same as I have heard others complain about, they do not give you a payment confirmation that a bank can trace.  I am afraid to accept any more rentals at this point as this is not acceptable at all!  I cannot work without receiving payment and my clients cannot afford to rent their homes if they are not paid as they cannot pay the people that take care of the property in their absence.

Cathy Yearwood

same issue over here in Australia, I rent my Gold Coast apartment out regularly and all of a sudden I am missing payments and yea the are blaming the banks 

Same issue here - seems to be witholding payments in Jan, so confusing

Same issue! I need the money bad and I haven't received anything from my guests that stayed with us this late December. What is going on? I've never experienced this before.

Bec3394
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Me too in NZ it has been two weeks! No one resolving anything, I get the same response, I will get someone to help you then no one does. How can we escape this and also put in a consumer complaint. It’s out the gate how expensive our service fees are and we get treated like this?! What can we do to be heard?

Hope179
Level 2
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

No payouts from 8th dec for me! 

Bec3394
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

me too! What can we do?! This needs to be warned to users.

Same here in Queenstown..have u been paid yet?

Same here. Have you been paid yet?

@Russell354 @Alex10993 @Hanif32 @Victoria1356 

The Airbnb Team who work for Payments design updated the platform in early 2022 and again in mid 2023 as we have outlined elsewhere in this forum and as AIRBNB agents have openly written about in a platform called 'Medium'.

We would like an answer and an apology from them, together with ABB CEO because we still haven't been paid despite the fact we have been Verified and Identified over 200 times since this issue has arisen and have up until this nightmare arose because of an AI related problem in the back    end of ABB own systems.

It's NOT for AIRBNB to tell a Customer/ User that we should get a Photo ID in the format of a Passport or Drivers Licence and in New Zealand we do not have to carry or have an ID card as we people are from one of the more compliant countries in the world to be Registered within the legally required time-frame when we are born with Births, Deaths and Marriages Office.

Incidentally New Zealand Passports are still highly valued and we don't so much as need a Visa to enter many countries.

At least the CEO of Booking dot Com put his hand up and made a Public apology for the stuff up that arose because of a Platform Maintainance re Payments

Thank you for replying Helen, so all of this is due to their AI malfunctioning?

What can we do?! Do we go to the media? This is highly unethical