Payout not received

Answered!
Josie131
Level 2
Snodland, United Kingdom

Payout not received

I ve been hosting since the 12th April and had a good bookings rate. I set my payout method up a month before and had no reason to think anything was wrong. I am yet to receive any of my payouts and it's mounting up with more and more bookings coming in. I've contacted support several times but they only keep confirming they have sent the payout. I'm being to told to simply wait. I noticed you can't check or amend your payout information. So I added again and set as default for the the last booking and subsequent payout. Still no money and still no support. How can I get the payments team or someone to check where my money is going? I've spent money and it's costing me money to run and am getting nothing coming in from Airbnb. Please can someone point me in the right direction or offer some helpful advise. As I'm now waiting for a  good few hundred pounds. 

1 Best Answer
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Josie131 

Welcome to the community 😊

If a host is new to Airbnb and receives their first reservation, Airbnb may take 30 days to pay the host.

You may need to keep track of your payout status in transaction history. In my experience, PayPal is the faster payment method. 

It may take a few days to show up in your account after being released.

View Best Answer in original post

129 Replies 129

Same here, I’m using Paypal for pay-out method. No pay-out since Jan.1~ until now. Now, I have 5 reservations that is not paid. So sad. 

Bec3394
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Did you get paid? What can we do? I feel

like this needs to now go to the media.

Hi Josie! 

Thank you for posting. It describes my situation. 

Seems deliberately sketchy to me with this many complaints, they seem to have found a way to be able to legally hold and have access to large sums of money in the system, without paying interest. This is done in many loyalty programs, such as Starbucks, but then the consumer is willingly adding credit. This is being held by the company, without our consent, for no apparent reason. 

I have used Airbnb in the past, with the same banking details, somehow now that I have resubmitted the same details it is not registrering in the system. I also use the same details everywhere else without a problem. 

Customer service is also useless, only making excuses and not solution oriented or able to help in any capacity. Sending a link is not helpful, when clearly the system is faulty. I have even experienced customer service saying they would look into the case and call me back, just to be able to dodge the conversation. Have lost complete trust in Airbnb as a company. 

If anyone else feels the same, lets unite! 

Bec3394
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

I am the same! Here in NZ! What can we do! Are they breaching the law? They state it will be 5-7days but it is clearly

not. What can we do?!

Hope179
Level 2
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

I have the same issue right now! Apparently some special team who don’t have the ability to take calls or call people are dealing with it so I have now not been paid for a months worth of bookings. Has anyone been able to get this sorted?

Sam no payment and it has been 2 months. 

They are time wasting and I am certain they are investing the money for their interest. This is criminal, I need to pay my bills.

Michelle4000
Level 1
Dunedin, New Zealand

Having exactly the same issue here in NZ - four stays so far in Jan 24 - no payouts received. A further 9 already booked and we have only just listed again after all of the fallout from Covid 19.  Previously used account with all same details and payouts received just fine. Now they cannot even provide us with the Unique End to End Transaction Reference (UETR) for each transaction, as requested by our bank. Honestly the worst service I think I have ever received in trying to resolve the issue. Cannot be helped apparently on the phone and keep being assured that it is being escalated and nothing.... now contacting everyone who is booked with us to let them know that unfortunately we may need to cancel their booking, which is horrifying that AirBnB customer service is now affecting ours.

AirBnB you need to rectify this as your business cannot survive without ours. We will be seeking legal advice on this if necessary.

Tatiana793
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Same situation. Waiting nearly $4000 for two properties from 23/1/24 . Today I calling to support, the lady said that they would investigate.

Amelda1
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

Same are happening here in South Africa!

I have been hosting for 7 years and all payouts happened 24hrs after the guest checked in.  Since January 2024 I have not received any payments and all of a sudden there are problems with my banking details.

Call center are of no help!  Very disconcerting.

I have the same situation, they are keep saying the payout is processed, but no money yet. 
it s been 20 business days as they said it is been transfered. 
Their ethic is scandal, and one is responsible to answer properly.