Payout policy

Payout policy

I would like to encourage other hosts to complain directly about airbnb's unnecessarily greedy payout policy, in the hope they will change it. As a host i am not happy that they collect the money from guests then sit on it and do not payout until after the guest has arrived, and in my case usually the funds do not arrive for at least a week after. Considering I have a super strict cancellation policy, the guest is liable to pay in full 59 days before arrival even if they cancel, unless there are extenuating circumstances such as a bereavement. In which case, as a reasonable person, I would be happy to make the refund myself if I'd received the funds. If they receive a high number of similar complaints, I hope they will re-consider and have a more reasonable payout policy.

1 Reply 1
Peter2514
Level 1
Durban, ZA

Hi, need assistance please.

I am receiving no resolution from Air bnb regarding 3 payments which Ibhave not received.

The payments meant to be effected by Payoneer are not reflecting in my bank account.

Whilst the payouts on the air bnb platform show as paid out, the cash is not in my bank account.

Air bnb seem to in my opinion have the attitude that it shows as paid out and that its not their problem. I am frustrated. I have cgec1ked with my bank and there is no record of the payments anywhere.

I have e mailed Payoneer and a person called Ronald advised he will obtain the proof of payment documents from their side and send to me so I can forward to my bank for investigation. That was two days ago!  This all seems very dodgy.

I have blocked all my bookings for the next month because this is just too risky now.

Any advice from anyone will be appreciated please. There must be a easy way to receive payments.

I also see from my "research" into this issue that there appears to be a number of similar reports regarding Payoneer delaying payments. If this is true why does Air bnb partner with Payoneer?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Despondent Air BnB host.

Peter