Payout

Payout

Hi, I haven't received my payout and this is my first hosting. I have been trying to contact the airbnb customer care and  they aren't helping me. Guest stayed and went but haven't received any payout till now it's been more than 02 weeks I have been following up. I heard from my friends that they aren't paying and all. Guest aren't helping as well just ignoring my messages now I have messaged them a lot. Just upset on it.

6 Replies 6
Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Janice392  There is no point at all in contacting your former guest (in fact, this is really bad manners, your lack of payment has nothing to do with the guest, it's Airbnb's problem and yours alone).  Guest payments are collected by Airbnb at the time of booking and held by them until 24 hours after check-in, at which point, the payment should have been sent to your nominated bank or paypal account.  Suggest you firstly check the payment method details you have in your Airbnb account are correct, it's possible payment went to a wrong account courtesy of wrong numbers.  Suggest also that you email customer care /resolution centre/support if you aren't getting the support you need (rather than call).

Wendy345
Level 3
Savannah, GA

As a new host, Airbnb will not make your first payout for 30 days. 

"If you're a new host, we may hold your payouts for 30 days after your first reservation is confirmed. If your first reservation is more than 30 days away, your payout will be released 24 hours after your guest's scheduled check-in"

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Janice392  Quite rude to keep messaging the guest about your payout issue, I'm not surprised they are ignoring you. In fact, they could report you to Airbnb for harrassment. There isn't any way the guests can help. As Wendy said, new hosts don't get paid for up to 30 days on their first booking. The Airbnb reps are incompetent- they should have told you this.

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Wendy345 , @Sarah977 

I THINK the wait 30 days for new hosts rule no longer exists? Pretty sure I read something along those lines a few months back.  there's nothing about it on the "when will I get paid out" help link.

@Rowena29  Oh, I hadn't read that it had been discontinued, but you certainly may be correct. But I don't think there was ever anything to that effect on the "when will I get paid" help link. It's one of those things they don't bother to mention anywhere, like the message hosts get that a guest wants to cancel, asking them to accept or decline the cancellation. As far as I'm aware, it is nowhere in Airbnb's info that if a host accepts the cancellation, that it is registered as a host cancellation, with all the penalties attached.

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Sarah977  I think it was there originally, on the when will I get paid link because I know I knew to expect delayed payment when I first started hosting ( but I agree there IS heaps of stuff not disclosed)

There was a thread similar to this one a few months back adn I think I remember reading the 30 days things had stopped - perhaps  because they're trialling a new proceedure ( another one) - early payouts for US hosts. Apparently.

Honestly though I've only been hosting 18 months adn the amount of changes in that time has my head reeling - I just get myself sorted and the ground shifts again...

I suspect @Janice392 has got caught up in the whole non payment debacle many hosts have been experiencing..