Payouts Suspension

Balthazar2
Level 2
Roches Noires, Mauritius

Payouts Suspension

I’ve been a host for 11 years and none of our payments for december have been paid. We are really concerned, I have been calling the support centre many times, explaining the problem again and again and we have received no answer or solution. The pandemic already hit us hard and we, as a small business, cannot afford to have further cash flow problems. We need to receive the money from our rentals, meanwhile we keep on receiving guests, we have employees, home owners and clients to pay. We keep receiving the same answer from the support centre, which is they are opening a ticket but no one solved the problem. The issue is really important for us. It is our business and our money and we deserve to be paid in time. I have read many posts and I see we are not the only ones in this situation, this lack of support is depressing. Who shall we contact? Can someone please help?

7 Replies 7
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Balthazar2 ,

I am so sorry that you have been facing such challenges. I will try to nudge the relevant team about your issue. I hope that they provide some resolution or communication to you soon.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Balthazar2
Level 2
Roches Noires, Mauritius

Hello @Bhumika,

Thank you for your message, but no resolution has been provided. I have received the exact same message as before, the problem is still pending or ongoing as is the review of my account, it has been a month now, and I have been given no explanation whatsoever. What is the problem? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Balthazar2 @Wt3 ,

I am so sorry that you have been still waiting for some communication! I have checked in with the relevant team if we have any updates. Hope this gets resolved soon.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Hosts

@Balthazar2 

I would like to share my solution regarding my payout issue in hope that this could also solve your problems. 

My payout got stuck like everyone else and I ended up calling the support Centre daily who can’t help except providing me with standard answers and forcefully close my case without solution. It has been very very stressful and I understand what you’re facing right now. Airbnb clearly has a serious flaw on their Host support system especially regarding payment which is the most important since this is our livelihood and the reason why we are doing this in the first place. And worst still, Airbnb being our partner does care to solve our problem when we needed them most. 

This is what I did: 

Existing bank account is (A). I created a new bank account (B) as new payout method, got it approved, make it as default payout method then remove bank account (A). Airbnb will re-route (1 day) all upcoming payments to the new bank account (B). I suddenly received the latest upcoming payment into bank account (B) and then all old outstanding into bank account (B) within 1 day. 

I hope this method also helps all other hosts. And do keep me posted cause I am almost curious whether I am just lucky or this method really works. 

Good luck everyone. 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @Bhumika 

I have been waiting for my payout until now no one is paying us. They gave us a date that we will receive payment by 26th Dec. another one gave us a date that we will receive payment by 31st Dec. today is 26th Dec and we have receive nothing. We called them and the person who picked up the phone don’t even know what’s going on even those this case file is still open. We area very worried that they just keep postponing the payment day by day. Our expenses cannot be postponed. We have no money to keep paying and running for business for airbnb to keep collecting my money without paying me. Please help. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Balthazar2 

You should know by now that the CS is not able to make decisions they are just a 3rd party call centers,

Im sure you will have seen many other host in the same boat both here and on FB,

One lady I saw it took 12 months to get paid, another guy filled a court case against airbnb that took 3 months.

No reasons are ever given, 

Most annoying thing to me Airbnb have the money the guest has already paid, it's not like they are waiting for payments.

You should always have a Plan B, I have already in place up and running, 

Hope its sorted for you soon, 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Balthazar2 

I would not let another airbnb guest stay just turn them away and tell them why