Payouts on hold

Payouts on hold

Hello, i have a property in Northern Cyprus which i have been listing on Airbnb since September. 
My payouts were all going ok until December, when my payouts were put on hold. 
After contacting support team i was informed that i must provide an EU tax ID number in order to receive the payouts. 
I have explained that my property is outside of the EU economic zones and is not subjected to EU tax regulations. It has been 3 months ow and although my property is being booked and used on Airbnb i am not receiving payouts for these reservations. 
I am left to cover the utility bills, and other expenses from these bookings without receiving any payments. 

Any help to go about this issue? 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Oz14 There have been a few comments about this on the Community Centre. The issue seems to be that Airbnb cannot get its head around the fact that Northern Cyprus is not recognised as a country by anyone other than Turkey. As such they just lump this 'occupied territory' in with the rest of Cyprus.

I wonder if @Quincy could get a generic answer from Airbnb on this subject. It seems wrong that Airbnb is happy to collect revenues but not to disburse them to hosts. Either it should shut down in Northern Cyprus or it should pay its hosts.

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Oz14,

I’m sorry to hear about your issues - it doesn’t seem legal that they allowing people to rent without reimbursing you. I don’t know the details but what Mike-and-Jane0 said helps to shed light on your situation .

@Paula @Bhumika @Rebecca could you assist Oz with his situation? 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Oz14, thank you for posting this here. I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. I have brought this to the attention of our team, and they should hopefully be in touch with you. 

Also, thank you for the tags @Mike-And-Jane0 @Lorina14!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Bronwyn107
Level 2
Port Elliot, Australia

Did you get any help?

I'm in Australia and have bene experiencing a similar issue with payments being put on hold since October 2023!

Have had many chats with support but still not being paid. They say i don't need to do anything. All my info was up to date.

Seriously thinking of removing my property from airbnb and keeping it listed on other sites.

No use having it there is you are not getting paid.

Have others had this issue and how did you get it resolved without going to the media which is my next step?