Pet fee change after booking - Suggestions on how to handle?

Pet fee change after booking - Suggestions on how to handle?

Help! A reservation was booked with a pet friendly host who under their house rules stated, "Pets are allowed with an additional $100 pet fee." Upon booking (nonrefundable option), under the reservation details and house manual there are additional rules and fees listed NOT disclosed prior to booking. Which are now stating that, that $100 pet fee is PER pet and to me, this is not what the house rules make it appear to be. Additionally, it then says additional rules not previously listed as well as, that pets are not allowed on furniture or there would be an additional $25+ charge.

My issue isn't that these items are being charged. My frustration is that a FULL disclosure prior to booking was not given and the statement regarding the pet fee changed AFTER booking going from "Pets are allowed with an additional $100 pet fee," (making it seem like a $100 flat fee) changed to "There is a pet fee of 100$ per pet that is non refundable," after booking showing up under house manual... If I had known these things prior to booking such as that the pet fee was $100 per pet vs. $100 total as the house rules made it out to be, I would have never booked in the first place. Having a nonrefundable booking do I have any options here? or am I crazy in thinking the initial fee under house rules was a flat fee and not per pet?

Any help and tips in trying to figure out this situation without upsetting the host would be greatly appreciated!!

15 Replies 15
Bre3358
Level 1
Shreveport, LA

If you included the correct number of pets in your reservation when initially booked, the fees would be automatic and show up in your price before choosing to book. As a host, Airbnb doesn’t give us a lot of places to include extra information BUT when you choose, for example, 3 pets- the cost of your stay would automatically change based on the rates that had been set by host. The issue only really come up for me when a guest does not accurately book for the correct amount of guests or pets.