Pets

Answered!

Pets

Hello.. May I know if you charge a fee if they Bring a pet? I have a guest and  brought with her 4 beagle dogs..  

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you can charge a pet fee as long as you disclose this in your house rules @Myrna48  and as long as it is not a service animal.

You can then create a special offer to collect the pet fee or raise a request through the resolution centre.

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I charge  £10 per dog per night with a max of two pooches.  Some dogs you’d never know were there (bless the non shedders) one white lab last week left behind 2 vacuum cylinders full of blonde floof but they were fabulous guests and the extra £50 more than covered the extra run around with the vac.

For us the fee always more than covers the extra cleaning and attracts loads more guests (particularly during quieter months).  Last month I paid £250 to have all the carpets deep cleaned and freshened up - the pet fee covers this eventuality.

Hello Amanda (amanda660  @Amanda660 ),

AirBnB have started a way you can charge for pets. Do you use this?

I have used it but it is awful.

I use to charge £7 per pet per night.

Through the AirBnB version I get £10 for the whole duration

Any advice?

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

@Jack1998 @I completely ignore it, it’s not fit for purpose.  In my listing and house rules I have it listed that it’s £10 per pet up to 2 pets max.  

I also have an automated message when booking asking them if they are happy with the house rules including the pet fee.  If they are taking pets I ask them how many then send them a request through for £10 per pooch per night  via the resolution centre.

Diana453
Level 2
Orange, CA

I appreciate this discussion for the excellent information and confirmation of my "No pets" guideline. It's clearly stated on my listing before anyone makes a reservation, but occasionally I do receive an inquiry and I remain firm, even if potential renters state the dog is an emotional support animal. 

In cases of certified support animals, I require official documents from https://usserviceanimals.org/  

NOT a letter from any other organization since there can and will be fakes. I don't want to take on animals that they can board, which I realize can be expensive. 

It's been my experience that family pets are often viewed as part of the family and I completely respect that. Yet, whether or not they allow them to sleep on the bed or be on the furniture at home, my listing has guidelines which work for my business today.  Four years ago when I was a newbie I made concessions and really paid for it. One group gave a whole queen-sized bed to their two German shepherds and they literally made a "nest" of fur. Another time a poor pooch left obvious signs of being sick and having had diarrhea. No thank you regardless of extra cleaning fees or deposits.

Yes I do charge for pets.

I use to ask the guests to add the pets in as guests. I would charge £7 per night. This is very reasonable.

However, AirBnB has now created a very confusing and contradicting pet payment service.

Initially it comes up "Price is added to PER night price", but when you actually get paid its only a one off charge. Example: I put in £7 thinking its £7 per night. I actually got £7 for the whole trip which was 55 nights. I got robbed.

So when I went to increase the pet charge, a message pops up saying you cant go over your Per night price.

The pet charge should be per night. This way the guest pays for how many nights he stays!