Posting Reviews to Instagram

Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

Posting Reviews to Instagram

I have been working on my little Instagram page at Charmingly Charleston (@charminglycharleston) for a few weeks and while waiting to get my photography updated, I thought it would be fun to post reviews as pictures.  Does this sound crazy?

If you do not think it is crazy, do you think something like the attached looks nice? Originally I was going with a solid background but then thought the lake made a nice backdrop.  But I wonder if the text is clear enough...

Steve2.jpgSteve.jpg

As always, your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Maxine

[added] the text looks fuzzy on my screen in the post but when I enlarge it is clear [/added]

11 Replies 11

@Maxine33  I don't think it's crazy at all, but in that image the text and and background image are kind of fighting with each other - so as a result, I can't really see either of them clearly.  I'd suggest keeping the text on a solid backdrop and keeping the photos separate.

Thanks @Anonymous !

Cool

Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

Here are a few other ones I played with....Steve4.jpg Steve3.jpg

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Maxine33,

I agree with @Anonymous in that the text is in competition with the backgrounds.  

I think I have one that will work... i wanted to try the lake image one more time though.   

From our Guestbook.pngSteve4.jpg

I'd try moving the text down so it all fits on top of the water, change it to black, leaving your heading at the top and the center of the photo unobscured. As it is now, the lettering looks washed-out and is hard to read and also washes out the photo.

@Maxine33

You need an opaque background behind the writing to make it stand out but then you'd block the image.  So, I like the idea of quote below or above the image unless you can work out making review easier to read.  Canva has some good template to try with such ideas as well as Pablo.  Happy posting!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It's a good idea, as people are so visually oriented these days. I actually like it best overlaid on the photo, but maybe the text could be reformatted so it fits on just the water part of the photo instead of being centered on the photo, so it shows up better. And try the lettering in bold font, or colors other than black or white so it pops.

@Maxine33

Thanks, @Sarah977!  I am going to post a few more options after I tinker some more. 

@Debra300 , thanks for your input too!  I really appreciate the eyes and opinions of other hosts.  I do not operate with enough margin to hire a fancy digital designer so your comments are all priceless.  

Maybe it could be an issue with the Instagram app or a bug. Well, you don't need to be worried and you can ask them by dialing the instagram customer service number and can get help with your problems. This should not be a big issue and maybe it will be fixed with a new update.