Pricing

Pricing

Hi all, See if i find a solution among you guys cause airbnb gave me an explanation that is not convincing. My property is a new listing on Airbnb and it was doing really well. A week ago, I stopped receiving inquiries and bookings. I thought it was because most important days were taken already. A guest sent me an inquiry if price per night was accurate. When I checked, the guest was correct apparently I was asking for $418 a night. Of course, guests were just skipping my house with this price. Contacted Airbnb and they mention that smart pricing offers based on demand but I said I understand that however what guests are seeing is above my max price how do you explain this. They summitted the case to a more dedicated person with no response yet. Any Clue? Thanks 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Luis4151 don't forget that Airbnb add their guest service fee on top of the max price you set for your listing. It is about 18% or so including tax. Does this explain the discrepancy?

Yes, Mike but when you receive the inquiry the gets saw the night price only not including fees and taxes. Anyways I will double check. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Luis4151   IMO, I would establish a decent base price and turn off smart pricing.  I don't use smart pricing and have consistently good views and bookings (except since the summer release).  You are probably not going to get any satisfaction from CS about this.  

Thanks for the advise Lorna. I will contact them again if not will try your recommendation.