Problem receiving payments via direct transfer to BCR bank (Costa Rica)

Hacienda13
Level 2
Nosara, Costa Rica

Problem receiving payments via direct transfer to BCR bank (Costa Rica)

Hello,

I want to share this since I assume many hosts in CR are and will be affected by this.

If you are experiencing this serious situation please let airbnb know right away!!!

this is repost from a post in Spanish by Damián Hassler.
original post here.
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Problema-al-recibir-pagos-via-transferencia-directa-a-banco...

“Since May 9, 2022 all payments for reservations made by Airbnb to my account at BCR bank have been rejected, because from now on (as told by the bank) “AIRBNB" must appear in the depositor's detail and not the platform they use called "Wordlpay Pa LTD".

I have had endless conversations with my bank and with Airbnb support and they have not been able to give me any answer on how this problem is going to be solved.

I also know that this problem concerns all the Hosts who have their payment method established with  BCR (banco de costa rica)
As for the money, when rejected, is no longer held by BCR or Airbnb...or ???
I imagine it was returned to Worldpay pa LTD...?
How do we get it back ??

The inefficiency of Airbnb's customer service in giving me an answer has made me lose too much time and has hurt me enormously, so now I'm looking to see if there is someone here in the community with the same problem who has found a solution.

I look forward to your responses.

thanks in advance

Damián, Airbnb Host in Costa Rica.”

**[Name hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Hacienda13 I'm sorry to hear about this issue! I've sent it over to the team for them to look into. As soon as I hear back from them, I'll let you know.

I'm tagging @Damian291 here too to keep you updated. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Damian291
Level 2
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica

Hello @Sybe , have you heard back from the team of Airbnb? They never gave me a direct answer about the situation and now they don't even answer my messages anymore.

Last message I receive from them is:

"La entidad con la que colaboramos para la tramitación de los pagos nos ha confirmado que los fondos se retiraron correctamente de nuestra cuenta y nos ha proporcionado un comprobante." 

"The entity with which we collaborate to process the payments has confirmed that the funds were correctly withdrawn from our account and has provided us with proof."

As to that, I sent back proof from my bank that they rejected said deposits (due to new internal policy) and were sent back to them. The money never even make it to my bank account, it was rejected before that.

Please, HELP!

I'm getting desperate here