Puerto Rico

Angel9
Level 1
New York, NY

Puerto Rico

Looking to connect with hosts in Puerto Rico.

Please hit me up.

Mainly want to connect with those more experienced who have gone through high/low seasons.

And how they manage to stay on top of the tides.

134 Replies 134

Interesting. My wife grew up on the island; therefore, she did not want anything to do with buying real estate  in PR. She let me do it all until she saw results and helped me out. I’ve been going to the island since 1963. 

I spent two years analyzing and bidding on properties in PR remotely. Finally I won the bid this December 24th with Fannie Mae. 

I also figured I might be running out of time with the economy looking better every few months per economic reports and lost opportunities with prices going up. PR just hit a record number of tourists. 

I have a lot to learn. Didn’t know you could bid on properties remotely! You agree about prices starting to go up.

Hi, has anyone applied to any of the Puerto Rico Tourism Company incentives?

Cynthia482
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

I was a superhost for an apartment in an isla verde condominium but the junta told the apartment owner she couldn't have an Air BnB, so now I lost my Air BnB.  Have you had any problems with this?

I bought my place Jan 14, 2019. I quickly got the HOA rules. I read it carefully and it looked like I was allowed to do daily rentals. I paid a San Juan real estate attorney to read my HOA and confirm what I read. He did and I was right. I also asked him for a letter in case my HOA forget what they wrote and I can present the letter or we litigate. My HOA does not have the money to litigate. Finally there is an undecided case in PR’s highest court about this issue. And there was legislature being considered to allow condo owners to do daily rentals.

That’s terrible! That’s one of my concerns with investing in PR. Part of me likes the safety and convenience of a condo but I worry about the value dropping if they suddenly forbid. airBnB. I kind of prefer to invest in a small single family home by the beach with no HOA but those don’t  come around often. 

Hi

Janice, Puerto Rico Beach Rent is a full service property management company, specializing in managing and marketing Vacation Rental condos and villas in Puerto Rico.

We can also help you to find the perfect property..  

Thanks in advance

Ricky

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Genesis20
Level 2
Puerto Rico

Hello Everyone,

My name is Genesis Camacho and I founded a property management company in Puerto Rico, At Your Service LLC. I am seeking Airbnb hosts that need assistance managing their Airbnb listings and other platforms. We offer the following:

Only manage the communications portion. (Online Services)

Only manage the property management in-person portion. (Personal Services)

Only handle the housekeeping portion. (Personal Services)

All of the above or combine services.

We currently manage around 20 properties online only in Asia and have personally managed around 7 properties in the San Juan area, all for super hosts!

If you live in Puerto Rico, are an Airbnb owner and would like to discuss further please reach out at *sensitive information removed*. We are currently seeking in the metro area. You can also follow our Facebook and Instagram page.

*removed solicitation in line with the Community Guidelines*

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Thanks for the info! 

Hello fellow members! I am looking for some accountant referrals as I am trying hard to navigate the local tax law! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I formed an LLC and trying to decide whether to elect a pass-through or C-corp style taxation in PR. I am not a resident so I don't know what implications I may have. Will I need to file an individual return on C-corp distributions as a non-resident? 

If you are living in the US, find a tax preparer who understands your tax rights such as being exempted from capital gains taxes just for investing in Puerto Rico. 

Steve11
Level 3
San Juan, Puerto Rico

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Luis1004
Level 2
Winter Haven, FL

This company provides multiple  services and co hosting services. They also service most of the island. They help convert your properties or investment properties into a fully ready staged rental units. They also provide resort style cleaning services for your units. 

https://bnbrentalhost.com BNB Rental Host. 

Steve11
Level 3
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Looking for for Hosting Company that can invest in long term rental building in Santurce Area of San juan

this is a 2 level building with approx 18 rooms

this Building is not For Sale!!

serious inquires only!!

Puerto Rico Property Vacation Rentals

Steve