REPEAT BOOKING INCENTIVE

Answered!
David1396
Level 3
Huntsville, Canada

REPEAT BOOKING INCENTIVE

Presently, virtually all of our repeat guests book with us directly - thus avoiding the [not insignificant] Airbnb booking fees.  This seems to me to be a significant lost revenue opportunity for Airbnb.

Having a significantly discounted booking fee for repeat guests (staying at the same venue), say a 75% discount, would encourage hosts to still have their repeat guests book through the Airbnb site.  The advantage to the host is the simplicity of operation, calendar tracking, insurance coverage, etc. 

The advantage to Airbnb is an increased revenue stream (25% of something is better than 100% of nothing), maintaining the loyalty of both hosts and guests, etc.

My 2-cents (or Airbnb billions).

David

David Harrison
The Farm on Old North Road 
Huntsville, ON Canada
1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Charles224 

Yes my thoughts initially too Charles, if a host can afford to offer a 75% discount their normal rate is 65% too expensive! A 75% discount would mean, after covering costs I would be paying guests to stay here. However David does specifically state discount off the 'booking fee'! He wants Airbnb to slice a chunk off that 20 odd percent to maintain customer loyalty.

@David1396  I do get quite a few return guests but if they have initially booked with me through Airbnb, I ask them to keep their return bookings in the Airbnb system. As Airbnb guests I do offer return visitors a discounted rate but I don't encourage them to deal behind Airbnb's back.

Cheers.........Rob

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Daryl78
Level 2
Ephraim, WI

Oh my gosh this is such a GREAT IDEA!!!!  Yes.  Once they see the cost of the booking fees, etc. and then realize they can book directly many do.  Not all because some like the assurances that AirBnB provides but I agree.  It would behoove AirBnB to provide a returning guest incentive because these returning guests do have the option to NOT book through the App.