Re-booking.

Nicola2201
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

Re-booking.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do please.  My first holiday was cancelled last year because of covid, re-booked the same apt for this year only to be notified the owner sold the apt. Air bnb wouldn’t refund the whole amount and kept £406 of my money. I re-booked a different apt using the money they kept then to be notified the apt has been taken off of air bnb. They refunded the extra monies paid but still kept the £406 and offered me a £100 voucher towards the cost of re-booking for next year. Now I’m trying to book for next May only to be told I can’t use the £406 they’ve kept for May it needs to be used by the end of dec this year, I really can’t understand how they can keep your money and not let you use it for another holiday. Please can anyone help?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicola2201 Send Airbnb a letter demanding your money. If they refuse/ignore you then take them to the small claims court. Assuming your post is accurate and you can prove it then you will win easily. In the UK it's all online these days so should be quite simple.

Nicola2201
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0  Thankyou for your reply to my dilema, yes I have all the proof of this. I will send letter straight away as I’m getting nowhere with them on the online chat, they totally ignore my questions.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicola2201 It did occur to me that the legality or otherwise of what Airbnb are doing rather depends on whether you were entitled to having your money returned from the original Covid cancellation.