Refunds via Payoneer

Refunds via Payoneer

Hi! My reservation was cancelled due to unresponsive host and the automatic full refund was initiated. I paid for the reservation with Payoneer but it's reflected as simple Mastercard in my AIrBnB account. Does anyone know if this is a problem given that Payoneer is a prepaid MasterCard and transfers are made via the Payoneer platform? How does AirBNB manage refunds to Payoneer?

6 Replies 6
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Kirill59   You will be refunded to your original method of payment, I am not sure how long it will take but you should find any answers here.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/987/automatic-refunds

I am not familiar with Payoneer but hopefully someone in this forum is and can help?  Otherwise, I suggest you contact Payoneer via your account and ask them if there are likely to be any issues.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Kirill59 

I'm tagging @Zoran107 to see if they might be able to answer this for you, as I can see they've used Payoneer as a payment method in the past.

Hope you manage to get this sorted out!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Zoran107
Level 1
SU, Serbia

Hello,

Unfortunately I had a different problem with Payoneer.

I am sorry that I can't help.

Wish you all the best and I hope that you will solve your problem

Hello Kirill! did you fix it?

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Kirill59 the ways of banking are mysterious Kirill but this is all legitimate . Some platforms , like Vrbo use Payoneer to deliver payouts thats all. Its to keep money safe but it all goes back to your registered account . Payoneer is just a fund delivery mechanism like Paypal ,nothing more . The payment will be initiated by Airbnb through whatever ? including Payoneer. This is because Airbnb host lots of platforms that are not called Airbnb such as Expedia H

Pablo1405
Level 1
CABA, Argentina

Hey @Kirill59 did you receive your refund to your Payoneer account? I'm having the same issue. Thank you!