Regulation glasgow

Answered!

Regulation glasgow

I am looking to buy a flat to act as a short term let, possibly on AirBnB, however I understand there has been a change in regulation where property’s with communal areas are no longer eligible for a license.  Could you please list or explain what exactly is meant by a communal area in regards to the new regulation? Would a flat with a reception/seating area be communal and a flat such as a tenement with a door code or lock on the street entrance and basic hallway be classed as non communal? As you’ll understand I do not want to buy a flat for it to be rejected during application process.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you looked at the regulations on the Scottish government website and on Glasgow city website @Sarah5183 

If not this should be your starting point. 

Quite rightly local government is looking to restrict STRs in flats and apartments because of noise and anti-social behaviour that can be caused by bad guests combined with investor landlords who don't manage them properly. 

this normally refers to apartment blocks with a communal entrance . 

as @Mike-And-Jane0 says STR regulations  in Scotland are being developed so worth you checking what the current regulations say. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah5183 I would just wait until the regulations are sorted out. The Scottish courts have just found that some of the governments regulations of tenements are illegal but I assume the government may find a way around this. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you looked at the regulations on the Scottish government website and on Glasgow city website @Sarah5183 

If not this should be your starting point. 

Quite rightly local government is looking to restrict STRs in flats and apartments because of noise and anti-social behaviour that can be caused by bad guests combined with investor landlords who don't manage them properly. 

this normally refers to apartment blocks with a communal entrance . 

as @Mike-And-Jane0 says STR regulations  in Scotland are being developed so worth you checking what the current regulations say.