Remove reviews from illegal Airbnb

Elio431
Level 1
Oakland, CA

Remove reviews from illegal Airbnb

Hi- We own a home. Three years ago, we rented it to tenants. The tenants broke the terms of their lease by using it as an AirBnB when they went out of town. They are now out of our home. They have a lot of reviews (he is a superhost) of our property. We would like those reviews removed since the use of the property was in violation of local municipal rules and in violation of the lease. We have documentation to prove all of that. Is this possible? 

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Elio431 ,

As this seems very sensitive, I would recommend you to also connect with Airbnb Customer Support to draw their attention to your concern via the contact page.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks for that suggestion and I have started that process. Feel free to remove my post if possible. Thanks!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Elio431 ,

Please feel free to keep us updated about any developments regarding your case! We hope you get a resolution soon.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Elio431 

It's all to easy to do setup a listing on Airbnb we live on an island which is big tourist destination many people dream of living here, How can they survive? they get into renting property and then hopefully sub let which is illegal here in Thailand but it still goes on, 

I know of a place that is using photo's of another property, it's still there Airbnb have never removed it, Don't know if anybody has complained about it, 

I often search on Airbnb my area to see what's going on and I reckon a good percentage of the listings are operating illegally will Airbnb do anything about it I doubt it, 

I see recently a couple of other platforms are requiring proof of ownership and send out a code by mail before you can go live on the platform. 

I m making cheap housing from village into a property worth living internationally.. is not even in a cheap way.. but its cheap to rent.. with all accessible, shot distance, and services.. is a house that is cheap with out services.. take photo before check in and send.. take photo after check out and send.. if they burn the house I claim.. the rest is included.. 

MANASUI

Jeffrey Bong
Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

hi.

sorry to hear that about your house

but I think they band a person from an accident or more.. 

I understand also maybe is hard to stay 5 star or even super host

but it was base on action that is way after your time of rent.

we he rent your place maybe he is just hustling

and when he caught he was a person need to be banned..

he will make new accounts.. he will be there again maybe

you are in a business meeting stranger.. I like it ... a lot.. 

but you cannot stereo type a group because they are angles ...

may be find what ground you want to stand .. and build there.. no need to retake others by some one else issue..

you should done it at the instance.. or at the moment of possible..

we are in the service of hospitality... no?

don't worry I still get 6 month straight of 100% with out super host.. may be I'm just doing my best.. 

MANASUI

Jeffrey Bong