SOLUTION TO REOPEN CANCELLED ACCOUNT

Melissa2579
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

SOLUTION TO REOPEN CANCELLED ACCOUNT

Hi everyone, I deactivated my account one year ago.

Once done I received an email confirming that my account was "cancelled" and that I could reopen it anytime, all I have to do is contact Airbnb Support. But when you click the link n the email, it asks to log in so... Not very useful.

I struggles for days calling Airbnb and talking to a dozen agents to finally get one who helped me resolve this. Obviously Airbnb Support Staff has zero training on this and are clueless of how to proceed, so here is what I did.

1) Once you find the phone number to contact Airbnb in your location, the agent will not be able to find your account even with your email and phone number. Indeed when you deactivate an account, your email address is automatically changed for something only for cancelled accounts. 

2) So you will have to go into your previous emails and find one email of a booking reservation confirmation with a code starting with HM.

Give them this code so they can find the reservation and your account. 
Once they found your account, they'll have to follow prompts to reactivate it. 

3) Once done, you will receive an email "Please confirm your email address". Click the button to confirm.

Once you receive the second email confirming your email address was changed, try to log in.

4) If you can't log int, click reset your password.

They will ask why you are making this request and you will receive an email "we received your support request".

A few hours later, you will get an email "We've unblocked your account". 

5) Then call Airbnb again to ask them to help you reset your password. They will send you an email with a link to reset it...again.

6) You can finally log in... -_- 

Hope that's helpful ! 

1 Reply 1
Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

Thank you for this share Melissa.  It helps alleviate a fear that our accounts could just disappear with a few wrong button presses and there is no procedures to recover them.  Happy hosting 🙂