STRO (Short-Term Residential Occupancy) San Diego Permit Application Process & TOT Certificate 2023

Answered!
Paul-and-Ceci0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

STRO (Short-Term Residential Occupancy) San Diego Permit Application Process & TOT Certificate 2023

Hi everyone! 👋 I'm Ceci, a Superhost and Airbnb Ambassador based in San Diego, CA. I've met a lot of new hosts who have questions about the recent changes in local regulation. If you have questions about the process, concerns about how to add your license to your Airbnb listing, or need help understanding which Tier is the correct one to apply for based on your situation, let me know! I'm happy to help. 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Paul-and-Ceci0 ,

Thank you for lending a helping hand out here at the Community Center!

Would you like to create a Community Guide for other Hosts from San Diego regarding the above topic like this: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/Florida-Sales-Tax-Tutorial/td-p/499744.

I am sure such information would definitely help many Hosts out there. Do let us know what you think of it!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Paul-and-Ceci0 ,

Thank you for lending a helping hand out here at the Community Center!

Would you like to create a Community Guide for other Hosts from San Diego regarding the above topic like this: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/Florida-Sales-Tax-Tutorial/td-p/499744.

I am sure such information would definitely help many Hosts out there. Do let us know what you think of it!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jorge2180
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi @Paul-and-Ceci0 ,

I have applied recently for the STRO license Tier 2 and I'm still waiting.

I'm afraid I will not have the license by the 1st of May.

What happens if I don't have the license yet but I have applied for it?

Regards,

Jorge

Hi Jorge! Are you still waiting on that license? I'd be happy to help you through this process and help answer some questions based on my experience with getting my own STRO license to be able to operate in San Diego. If you want, we can chat about it one-on-one during a quick 30min virtual consultation: ** **[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.  👍

Tata61
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi dear @Paul-and-Ceci0 

thank you for offering your help. I moved from LA recently and would love to do STR in SD. I’ve tried to publish my listing, but it seems like I need a licence to do so. 
I’d be very grateful if we can chat sometime soon! Thank you for your kindness.