Safety team, Urgent help!

Casa927
Level 2
Setúbal Municipality, Portugal

Safety team, Urgent help!

I have a urgent problem with the Airbnb Safety team right now! They sended me yesterday an email that there was a safety issue with one reservation (reservation and guest name NOT mentioned). And because of that they suspended ALL my 6 listings, without any explanation or proof. I have responded immediately on their email, no response until now. I have called Airbnb general line 12 times, No support at all. Just saying please be patient someone will contact you. Now 36 hours further an nobody is contacting me. I'm a host for 8 years and I never had this situation. Also, none of my recent guests contacted me about an issue or wrote a negative review, Nothing! Now out of nowhere Airbnb suspend all my listings with one click without contacting me. This is insane! Please someone here take a look at my account because this Safety team is not responding and the general line cannot do anything.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Casa927 

If you use the search function here you will find the forum littered with examples of Airbnb doing this to other hosts.

apparently their  policy is to suspend host accounts when there is a 'safety complaint ' from a guest. For example when a host has cctv and contacts a guest because they are binging more guests using the property than are on the booking.

normally they investigate and normally let your listings go live again after a few weeks.

have you had any issues with guests recently ? Do you have CCTV ? 

Casa927
Level 2
Setúbal Municipality, Portugal

Hey @Helen3

Thank you for your response. I don't have CCTV. My property doesn't have any cameras inside or outside the accommodation. I didn't had any issue with a guest. None of my guests have filled a complaints to me. So I dont know where this is coming from. 

Do you know anyone that could help? I have called now many times the general line but I don't get further then the Safety Team is handling your case... Why would they close all your properties because of probably one complaint? This is insane. I'm a host for 8 years... 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can see you have what Airbnb sees as very low ratings across the multiple listings you manage that would normally lead to a hosts listing  being suspended. @Casa927 

It appears Airbnb is often more lenient to large scale management companies like you when single hosts can be suspended when they drop below 4.60 - a lot of your listings appear to be at around 4.20.

Did you have a guest complaint at any of your listing recently -  if so this might have trigged your suspension or it might be what they see as  your lower ratings.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Casa927 ,

Since it has been a while you posted, has this issue been resolved for you?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines