San Bernardino City wide ban on Short Term Rentals

San Bernardino City wide ban on Short Term Rentals

Hello San Bernardinio hosts,

Im Dave, a local super host with Airbnb and I would like to inform my host community that the City of San Bernardino council has voted 6 to 1 to go forward with a complete ban on shor term rentals. My understanding is that the ban stems from a council member who lives nextdoor to a large home that has been rented repeatedly for party reasons and the councilman has had issues with noise and parking.  He claims there are other simular situations around the city and has spearheaded the city wide ban.  The council does not understand thqat most of us are just rtenting a room to travelers or out of town workers and have no issues with parking or parties. 

Its not too late to stop this ban, but we must act quickly. There is a council meeting Wednesday the 21st at 5 pm at City Hall. The address is  290 North D Street, 3rd Floor, San Bernardino, CA 92401.  Please show up and have your voice heard or we will be out of business.  Please bring up reasons you depend on the revenue, how SB needs to be business friendly as we have little economy here, etc.. Call me if you have any questions. Dave 909 419 v9998

3 Replies 3
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @David12497 

You could include evidence to show that the particular host is in violation of Airbnb policy, for example

Community Disturbance Policy - Airbnb Help Center

It is not so much Airbnb that is the problem, but rather the way this particular venue is managed.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Probably best to post in your local host group this is an international community @David12497 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @David12497, I hope you are doing well.

Building on Helen's suggestion, here is a link where you can find the Local Host Clubs. Please feel free to use the filters to find the one closest to your location.

I hope this is helpful.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad