Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

See what guest pays needs to be fixed

SandraandGary0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

See what guest pays needs to be fixed

Hi Everybody,

I have a question about your experience with the AirBnB feature for adjusting your price to a guest’s budget.

A few months ago I used this feature with a special offer, and found out that the guest on his end had about $100 more than it showed on our  end.

Do you have a similar experience?

I called support and they even confirmed in writing that the technicians are working on it.

Well, the guest had time so we agreed on repeating this special offer later. Guess what: when we made the special offer again this weekend, the prices shown on the guest’s end were exactly the same as a few months ago! NOTHING has been done!

There is an error in their calculation code. And if they don’t fix it, the feature is useless. Not only that - it’s embarrassing for us AND AirBnB.

Whom to address this topic to?

i really appreciate the opportunity AirBnB gives us with helping to find guests, but sometimes I’m just tired of calling support, and then find out it was a total waste of my time as nothing happened.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Have a great start into the week 🙂

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@SandraandGary0 

You own 6 listings. On which listing did you sent the special offer ?

The offer must include the cleaning fee.

In what way does the guest see a higher price then what was calculated in the special offer form ?

Higher renting price, service fee or taxes ?