Seeking Your Thoughts on AI Chatbot for Guest Support ๐ŸŒŸ

Hasan132
Level 1
Frankfurt, Germany

Seeking Your Thoughts on AI Chatbot for Guest Support ๐ŸŒŸ

Hey there fellow Airbnb hosts,

I hope this message finds you well amidst your hosting adventures! ๐Ÿ˜Š I am reaching out to all of you wonderful hosts to get your honest opinions.

We're in the early stages of exploring the possibility of introducing an AI chatbot to assist with guest inquiries and support. The idea is to provide quick and efficient responses to common questions, ensuring our guests feel well taken care of, even during odd hours.

Now, before anything solid takes shape, I truly value your insights and concerns. I'm not here to make a sales pitch or anything like that โ€“ I'm genuinely interested in understanding your thoughts on this. What do you think about the concept of an AI chatbot as a supplement to our existing support system? Are there any potential pros or cons that come to your mind?

I know that the personal touch and human interaction are key aspects of the Airbnb experience, and I totally resonate with that. Our aim would be to strike a balance between the convenience of quick responses and the warmth of personal assistance.

If you have a moment to spare, I'd love to hear your take on this. Please feel free to share any concerns, ideas, or suggestions you might have. After all, it's the collective wisdom of hosts like you that will shape the future direction of this endeavor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for being an amazing part of our hosting community. Your feedback means the world to us as we embark on this journey to provide even better guest support. ๐Ÿ™‚

Warm regards,

Hasan

17 Replies 17

As a host of a small property I would never use it. Our guests really appreciate the personal real-person contact. We ourselves have stayed in what weโ€™re pretty sure have been two places that were using an AI virtual assistant. Thatโ€™s fine with sending automated information with checkin details, etc., but Airbnb already has that built in. Otherwise I found it cold and off-putting. The most recent stay outright gave us wrong information about parking and tried to send us to a paid parking garage that was โ€œonly a 5-minute taxi ride awayโ€ when there was plenty of street parking and also told us there was no loading area when we found there clearly was. (This location was a restored vintage motel). Itโ€™s just โ€œick,โ€ sorry. Donโ€™t do it. It took all the charm away from what otherwise was a great place. 

there are few handy tools that can do that for you. the established PMS like Hostify  (**) do the job and if you just look for messaging support inside AirBnB messaging SnappyReply (**) can help with that. 

but yeah, would be cool if this feature was built into airbnb interface, eh?!

**[Link removed as per the Community Center Guidelines]

Vito22
Level 1
St Albans, United Kingdom

It is not maybe exactly what you meant, but I recently used a GPT driven chatbox for airbnb search:

nomadomia**

It is not perfect, but the ability of follow up with question to refine your search in a chat version seems really the future of the way guest interact and search in the vacation space

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines