Slow bookings in Palm Springs?

Michael8040
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Slow bookings in Palm Springs?

Hello Fellow Hosts - 

I am seeing a massive slow down in bookings this fall in to the high season.  Just curious is anyone else is feeling the same?

Thanks, 
Mike

6 Replies 6
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michael8040, Welcome to the Community,

I am reaching out to some fellow Hosts with properties in Palm Springs to see if they would like to share their experiences about bookings during fall season: @Steve44 @Golf0  @Aaron-and-Lu0 

It might also be a good idea to join the nearest Local Host Club to connect with other local hosts. Here's the link where you can join: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs

Good luck, 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula,

Michael is looking for feedback about Palm Springs listings.  I don't have a listing in that area.  You appear to have @ people living in Los Angeles, not with listings in Palm Springs.

Best,

Melissa

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey @Melissa332 , you are completely right. Thanks so much for the heads up! I'm updating my post at this moment.

Thank you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula and @Michael8040 

Thanks for including us. We have been experiencing a significant decline in bookings into the Fall/Winter which is usually a busy time for us. I believe the influx of rentals in the City of Palm Springs has oversaturated the market which is contributing to the decline in individual home occupancy. Unsure how long it will last. 

And to clarify, we do reside in Los Angeles but maintain a second home in Palm Springs for 6 years. 

Thanks for sharing that.  My wife and I have had a rental there since 2018 and live in LA as well.   I was disheartened when the city of PS added the "mini-licenses" and then limited our contracts to 26.

I figured something like this might happen.  And, add to it, I feel that  inflation probably having a negative impact on the travel industry. 

Fingers crossed this won't last that long...thanks again for responding. 

Amber-And-Martin0
Level 2
Rancho Mirage, CA

Yes, in our fourth year and the number of licensed properties is closing in on 3K in the city of Palm Springs, and many of the surrounding cities no longer allow it. There's a line of thinking that we should add at least 10% of people don't even have a city license.... and that makes for a very saturated market. When we bought in 2019 there were only 1900 licensed in the city of Palm Springs. 

There will be a lot of broken hearts when the rentals don't perform this year. Overtime we will see folks leave the market...hopefully things will level out again.