Starting Airbnb in mangalore

Sherien2
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

Starting Airbnb in mangalore

Hello!

I was planning to list my property in mangalore on airbnb. Wanted to understand the market in mangalore. How’s the occupancy rate? How is the response rate? 
My property is situated in Jeppu 10 minutes away from the father mullers hospital. It’s an independent house with 4 bhk and 3 floors. 

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sherien2

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

Your question is indeed very specific, and while some of our Hosts generally recommend conducting your own market research, I'm reaching out to some of our experienced Hosts to see if they can offer strategies or suggestions on how to obtain the information you are requiring: @Jonathan2534@Guy991@Shelley159@Elena4354 and @Amrita8.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Sherien2 

You can check the link to see if there is a host club near you. If so, they should be able to give you some local insights:

Local Host Clubs - Airbnb Community (withairbnb.com)

Hi @Sherien2 ,

Listing your property in Mangalore on Airbnb sounds like a great idea! To understand the market in Mangalore, especially around Jeppu, it's important to consider a few key metrics:

1. Occupancy Rate: The occupancy rate can vary based on seasonality, local events, and overall tourist inflow. Generally, coastal cities like Mangalore see higher occupancy during tourist seasons, which peak around winter (November to February) and during the summer holidays. Given the proximity to notable locations like Father Muller's Hospital, your property might attract medical tourists or visitors to the hospital, which could provide a steady demand outside of the typical tourist seasons.

2. Response Rate: The response rate is crucial for maintaining a high host rating. Prompt and effective communication with potential guests can significantly impact your booking rates. Aiming for a response time of a few hours can improve your attractiveness as a host.

3. Local Market Analysis: Understanding the pricing strategy of other listings in Jeppu and nearby areas will help you position your 4-bedroom, 3-floor house competitively. Check for amenities offered by other hosts, their room configurations, and any unique selling points they might have.

4. Regulatory Environment: Ensure that you are aware of local regulations concerning short-term rentals. This includes registration, taxes, or any neighborhood-specific rules that might affect your hosting.

5. Marketing Your Listing: Given the size and facilities of your property, it might be attractive for families, large groups, or long-term stays. Highlighting amenities like spacious living areas, views, proximity to local attractions, and unique aspects of your house will be crucial.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management