State of Emergency in Ontario Canada.

Answered!
Wendy753
Level 2
Kakabeka Falls, Canada

State of Emergency in Ontario Canada.

Just wondering if other hosts have heard that we need to shut down as the province has stated there are to be no short term rentals with the exception of housing?

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Yes, @Wendy753 , there is a thread about it here, complete with link to the government regulations:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Ontario-Canada-Jan-2021-Covid-Lockdown-Document/m-p/1395...

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21

Sounds about right, @Alexandra316 . Here we've moved to "modified grey" but with no altered provision for STRs. That means I'm sending dire warnings of stiff fines to this coming Friday's guest (a fellow from your listing's neck of the woods), who is just starting to show signs of listening. Today he says he will ask his girlfriend. Ask what, I don't know. I guess whether they can afford a fine? 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Alexandra316 

Sorry to hear that, I guess your health unit must be overwhelmed.  Better safe than sorry!! 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lawrene0 @M199 got a response! They said that hosting is currently allowed in Niagara. I have nothing but long term guests for a while, but glad I know now. 

Good to know if we ever move out of Grey to Red here. Thanks, @Alexandra316 ! 

Finally yesterday I got today's guests shifted, so no one on the books now until April 9. Hoping my county gets its act together before then. 

@Lawrene0 fingers crossed! I just find it all so confusing. I also don't understand why grey was chosen as the most serious level: just seems like an odd and random choice. 

I guess because it sounds gloomy? They ran out of colours? Didn't like chartreuse? I don't know, @Alexandra316 . Walpole Island/Bkejwanong, a small community near us, just went into what their council is calling Black Lockdown. It's to get across that it is worse even than Grey. No one is allowed in or out for anything non-essential.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Alexandra316 

That's great to hear.  Happy Hosting😊