Sublease in Denmark! 70 days limit

Answered!
Placido11
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Sublease in Denmark! 70 days limit

Could I rent an apartment with a sublease agreement and then list it on Airbnb to rent it out for more than 70 days per year?

1 Best Answer
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Placido11 

It is not legal to rent out your apartment for more than 70 days a year and that is as long as it is your primary home. They made the rules /regulations as the housing market is already very difficult for the locals. If you live outside Copenhagen some ‘kommuner’ got a 100 day limit. 

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

Hi @Michal257 🌿

You are very much allowed to rent out a room long-term. They write that the lease just has to be for at least 4 month to be seen a LTR. 
I think they have made it rather easy to find out what you need to know when renting out here:

https://skat.dk/en-us/individuals/property/renting-out-a-home/renting-out-a-room-or-a-home-you-live-...
The 70 days limit/is when you rent out the whole apartment. When you STR a room (through a platform like Airbnb) and you live there yourself/registered- there is no limit when it comes to how many days you can rent out. You can earn approx. 31.000 DKr/year before you have to pay taxes - but you have to earn less than 50.000 Dkr otherwise you will have to register as a company. This is for STR room rentals via a platform like STR only. LTR got different rules. But I think they have made it easy to figure out on the page I have linked to. If you have any further questions you can easily call them as well. 
Best, Sandra

Hi @Sandra856,

Thank you for the useful information. What about if a person privately owns two apartments in Cph, one where they permanently live in, and another which they are willing to STR via airbnb. Would the 70 day rule still apply?

Regards,

V