Suitable house to AirBnB but want help running it

Answered!
Belinda335
Level 2
Footscray, Australia

Suitable house to AirBnB but want help running it

I have 2 homes in Melbourne, which would make suitable Air BnB's. However, I don't think I have time to set them up and to manage them. Is there a way that I can rent them to someone who wants to Air BnB them out? Or is there a way I can give someone a commission or pay them to run my properties as Air BnB's. How does that work with Air cover? Am I still covered?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Belinda335 ,

How is it going on with your plans to get your properties listed on Airbnb?

We would love to hear more about your progress and if there is any help you need!

Here is a Resource Centre article regarding Co-hosts, that I think would be worth reading to get more ideas about Co-hosts: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-experiences/a/how-a-co-host-can-help-grow-and-manage-your...

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Belinda335 Be very careful with Aircover. It only covers damage caused by guests when they are within their booked stay. If they overstay and damage the place or if the house burns down and it is not their fault it will not pay out. You need proper insurance that covers short term rental which is quite expensive.

You might find someone who will rent your place and then list it on Airbnb but, when they realise it is not easy money, they may well walk and leave you in the lurch.

Fa better is to find a trusted person to be a co-host who will manage the property for you. 

Thanks, can you tell me more about how co-hosting works?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Belinda335 ,

How is it going on with your plans to get your properties listed on Airbnb?

We would love to hear more about your progress and if there is any help you need!

Here is a Resource Centre article regarding Co-hosts, that I think would be worth reading to get more ideas about Co-hosts: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-experiences/a/how-a-co-host-can-help-grow-and-manage-your...

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I'm based in Melbourne, and I have 2 properties that would make suitable Air BnBs. I want to know more about how co-hosting works and how I could find a suitable co-host

Vibhor4
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hi @Belinda335,

I hope you're doing well. 

I am an experienced Airbnb co-host who can help you immensely in managing the day-to-day activities of your Airbnb properties. I can assist in handlng bookings, answering customer queries, cleaning and maintaince of the properties and handling bill payments for the services used by the renters while they enjoy the stay at your property. 

Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss more. 

Looking forward to your response. 

hello belinda335, 

As i come across your post, I notice you are looking for a little extra help with your rentals. I’d be more than happy to work with you on that. please feel free to reach out here, email, or

text **. I’d love to go over guidelines & regulations with you regarding your home & what I can offer managing wise. 

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Belinda335 Please be careful how your listings are set up. Ideally YOU should own the account and the helper be a cohost. That way if you fall out with the cohost you still have control over the listings and properties. Allowing someone else to 'own' the listing means they have you over a barrel I am afraid.

Finally a contract between you and the cohost is a very good idea.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Belinda335 

Please post on your local host forum for Melbourne and ask for recommendations for local cohosts who are experienced superhosts so you can check their listings and reviews.