Super host criteria

Sue1967
Level 1
Bisbee, AZ

Super host criteria

A Super Host status can be downgraded, removed, due to guest cancellations.  I would like to dispute the cancellation criteria as being one of the deciding factors for being awarded Super Host.  Hosts don't any control when a guest cancels and the host shouldn't be penalized or have their Super Host status taken away for a decision that was not theirs.  I would agree if it was the host who canceled, but not when it is the guests choice. Super Hosts work hard to provide a pleasant safe environment for their guests and  I would like to see Airbnb either remove this criteria or find a way to better monitor who cancels and act accordingly.  

Thank you for your time.

2 Replies 2
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sue1967 

I see you hsve been a member for 5-7 years.  I don't know when you started as a host.  Also this apoears to be your first post to the CC. 

For your information...

SH status is not impacted by cancellations by guests, nor by Airbnb approved extenuating circumstances.

Without further information, it is not possible to give you more help.  Contacting CS would be an option to clarify your SH potential.

when you have 10 good reviews. Does your status automatically state as a Super Host? If so and it is not posted how to you get it posted?