SuperHost Issues/AirBnB Not Replying--Not Paying

Answered!
Steven976
Level 2
D.C., DC

SuperHost Issues/AirBnB Not Replying--Not Paying

Anyone else having issues contacting AirBnB? I've not been paid form my last reservation from 22 days ago.  I've used the online chat to no avail.  No one will give me an ETA on the resolution and I keep getting told that AirBnB agents are busy.  When I call I get a recording telling me that the wait is 45 minutes to a few hours. WTH AirBnB?! This is not how you treat SuperHosts. We've all been impacted by COVID. GET IT TOGETHER! Or, how about I stop taking reservations so you don't make money, either?

What does everyone else think?

Top Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Steven976  Because I have a shared home listing, I haven't been hosting since COVID, but I've been reading enough posts on this forum in the past few months to see that Airbnb is making one wrong move after the next, and alienating all their long-time hosts. And the worst part is that they don't seem to care at all.

So many hosts have been reporting unpaid stays- it's just outrageous. It's like they think they can just hold onto the money as long as possible because they are strapped for cash as if hosts are their loans department.

Many reports of 3 hour phone waits, days without a message response or no response ever. I think we are all wishing for some new, good customer service oriented platforms to start up. It's definitely time. 

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Steven976  Because I have a shared home listing, I haven't been hosting since COVID, but I've been reading enough posts on this forum in the past few months to see that Airbnb is making one wrong move after the next, and alienating all their long-time hosts. And the worst part is that they don't seem to care at all.

So many hosts have been reporting unpaid stays- it's just outrageous. It's like they think they can just hold onto the money as long as possible because they are strapped for cash as if hosts are their loans department.

Many reports of 3 hour phone waits, days without a message response or no response ever. I think we are all wishing for some new, good customer service oriented platforms to start up. It's definitely time. 

Steven976
Level 2
D.C., DC

Thanks @Sarah977  indeed disappointing. AirBnB is neglecting their a main source of revenue; their hosts! They send their CEO on a public relations tour to make false claims yet they cannot even maintain a supportive and communicative environment for their hosts.  Even more disappointing, I would have gladly accepted delayed payment if they just honest about it and the time frame; and I would even accept more of a delay for my fellow hosts who truly depend on AirBnB income, but they can't even extend this type of courtesy. And astonishingly, their chat team will not provide contact details or deadlines and instead claim that they've been impacted by COVID.

Newsflash--we've all been impacted by COVID. It's our new reality so get over it and adapt. 

What are others experiencing? 

Myszka-And-Adam0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Insurance claim not paid.  Keep getting emails saying I have not sent evidence  saying I'm running out of time to submit it, it's a different department and start again.... no answer on cancellation of guests from covid not allowed  destinations ... about to leave after superhost ing for 4 years....

@Steven976 @Myszka-And-Adam0 @Sarah977 

Not paid for 47 days now.

It was the first ever booking I got in my brand new villa + swimming pool.

I am owed thousands of dollars.

Stay was completed successfully and guests were totally satisfied.

CS ignoring me since more than 7 days and before that the only 'explanation' they provided is they apparently have a technical glitch.

At this stage I am bewildered.

I can't believe they can keep hosts' hard earned money for months without even providing any convincing reason.

I am totally shocked and have nobody to talk to or get any assurance (I have three verified payout methods on my account).

Have u been paid yet? I’m on 6 weeks of no payment and they owe me $25,000!! Would love to hear if and how u got resolve